The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Recommending 1DollarScan.com

Graham Chong

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Apr 29, 2012
I have finally got my "hands" on one of the books MJ recommended, "What Rich People Know and Desperately Want to Keep Secret".

What I mean by this is, while there is no Kindle Edition available, I have managed to get PDF versions of the book.

When I was looking for the book a fortnight ago on amazon.co.uk, the book was ridiculously priced cheapest at £18.22 (new) and >£10 (used). So I went over to amazon.com, and managed to get a used one under $1, but to get it shipped over to the UK I would have to go through amazon.co.uk again, which would cost me a ridiculous amount.

So I resorted to 1DollarScan.com, a service I have known for months but have never got to use it till now. So what you basically do is to get your book(s) sent to their address in California. Once a book arrives, they then remove the binding of the book and get it scanned and converted into pdf. (Notice: you won't get the physical copy back)

The basic cost of the scanning is $1 per 100 pages, which means a 272-page-book would cost me $3. However, I opted for OCR for the book so that cost me another $1 per 100 pages, which brought my total cost up to $6. There are few more options available but I just didn't deem them necessary.

What I really like about it compared to Kindle books is that the original layout of the book was pretty much preserved. I have to be honest that when I read the pdf on my desktop the quality was just so-so. However, you can get your pdfs fine-tuned to suit your favourite reading device. In my case, it is my Samsung Galaxy S2. To my great delight, it is the best pdf I have read so far on my S2. There are other options available too such as Kindles, iPads, iPhones and a few others.

So, what I am trying to bring out here is, you can consider 1DollarScan.com if
1. you prefer to have electronic copies rather than physical books but no Kindle or Kobo editions are available
2. for some reasons you can't find a book in your home country and you prefer not to get it shipped to your home
3. you have a boat load of books at home which you would like to clear but would love to keep electronic copies of them (of course doing this will cost you a small fortune)

Of course, if you are aware of any other similar services please let me know, it's good to have more options.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Very cool!

Graham Chong

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Apr 29, 2012
Very cool!

Indeed. I'm quite happy with my first order.

What I forgot to mention is, if you are not happy with the scan results, you can request for re-scan(s) within 14 days after the first scan. So you will somehow get something close to your expectation.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.