The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"RazingEmpires" Dev Log

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

PigTech

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 11, 2023
This is a post where I will post progress of my game at least once a month. Keep me accountable. ( Everything is done by me. Assets, code, etc. ).
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqB6bByzbjcuxFHI2L2itzA
GitHub Repository: GitHub - HogPro/RazingEmpires

If anyone thinks he\she can be useful and wants to become a part of the development process, Contact Me on Telegram: t.me/PigTech

23.07.12: 1) The Beginning of the strategy game "RazingEmpires"
Completely empty project:
2) Foundations: Coordinate system, Tilemap, world data

23.07.13: 1) Empty Ocean, Animated Desynchronised Tiles ( Probably going to be changed in the future )
2) Coast Tile Added

23.07.14: 1) Plains Tile Added
2) Grassland Tile Added ( Probably will remake )
3) Desert Tile Added
4) Tundra Tile Added ( Probably will remake )
5) Snow Tile Added ( Finally all base tiles created! This was annoying )

23.07.15: 1) Procedural World Generation v0.1 ( Very trash )
2) Minor Tile Spacing issue fixed
3) Procedural World Generation v0.2 ( Still trash. Octaves, Persistence and Lacunarity Added )
4) Procedural World Generation v0.2 ( Seeds added )

23.07.16: 1) Procedural World Generation v0.3 ( Latitude as a factor for biomes. Now need to add mountains, lakes, forests, etc. )

23.07.17: 1) Procedural World Generation v0.3.5 ( Ice and Forest Added. Forest sprites are dog shit. Will be remade )

23.07.18: 1) Lighting System Added 2) Turn System Added 3) Night Day System Added

23.07.19: 1) Upgrading Unity Version ( F*ck shit. Internal Unity errors. Project could not work on new version )
Shit... New version is corrupted. Good a made a bunch of backups on source control and on local. Also got the original version. Going to retry upgrade. Installed a more stable version - the same bugs. Now I'm reinstalling Unity.
YES! After uninstalling and reinstalling Unity the project upgraded successfully! Now back to the process.

2) Shadows Added. ( THESE F*ckers took ages to make. This was a struggle. There will be an option to be disable them, because they are slow af to generate and also to run. Not sure If I should have invested so many hours into them, but now they have been added. )

23.07.20: (Today was a very busy day. Almost nothing done ) 1) Base data for empires and units.

23.07.21: Human Settler Unit Added

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 9.18.22 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 9.18.22 AM.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Screen Recording 2023-07-19 at 2.55.53 PM.mov
    39 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 12.15.15 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 12.15.15 PM.png
    222.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

PigTech

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 11, 2023
23.07.22 => 23.07.29: Networking in progress
23.07.30: Architectural reconstruction & revenue model - costs (planning, making sure I will be able to profit)

Last edited:

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I love how many gaming creation threads we've been seeing lately..

PigTech

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 11, 2023
23.07.31 => 23.08.08: Networking in progress. Switched from NGO to Mirror, because of architecture, pricing and control reasons. Custom serialisation, data chunking, security and more boring shit. But I must lay a good foundation.

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia
That's some good progress you have made with your game, PigTech!
How long have you been a developer? And also, are you planning on making a small demo of the core loop and asking people to playtest it to hear what they think about it and see whether there will be some demand for the game?

PigTech

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 11, 2023
That's some good progress you have made with your game, PigTech!
How long have you been a developer? And also, are you planning on making a small demo of the core loop and asking people to playtest it to hear what they think about it and see whether there will be some demand for the game?
Thanks! I first started coding about 5 years ago. Took a few breaks, but the journey for the most part has been consistent learning. Yes, I am planning to launch a small demo, once I get the core features up and running. Launching demos is very important as:
1) You see if there is a demand for the game. There is no point in spending years and years on a game, just to find out no one wants to play.
2) You (might) get brutally honest criticism. This is Extremely valuable as it shows weaknesses. Honest criticism could give you an edge over your competition.
3) You give the consumers a taste of your product. That way you might build a small fanbase, that will grow, awaiting your games release.
4) If you need funding, this is practical stuff that investors want to see. Not some 134 page PowerPoint presentation of how good your product idea is.

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia
Thanks! I first started coding about 5 years ago. Took a few breaks, but the journey for the most part has been consistent learning. Yes, I am planning to launch a small demo, once I get the core features up and running. Launching demos is very important as:
1) You see if there is a demand for the game. There is no point in spending years and years on a game, just to find out no one wants to play.
2) You (might) get brutally honest criticism. This is Extremely valuable as it shows weaknesses. Honest criticism could give you an edge over your competition.
3) You give the consumers a taste of your product. That way you might build a small fanbase, that will grow, awaiting your games release.
4) If you need funding, this is practical stuff that investors want to see. Not some 134 page PowerPoint presentation of how good your product idea is.
How are you planning to find people to playtest your demo? Posting on gamedev subreddits, asking friends/family and/or some other way?

PigTech

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 11, 2023
How are you planning to find people to playtest your demo? Posting on gamedev subreddits, asking friends/family and/or some other way?
For now basically I'm going to rely on subreddits and online communities. Friends and family and not a good source of criticism, because it's always biased ( nonetheless I will still show them ). In the future as the game progresses I'm thinking of building a community on youtube and using Youtube as free marketing.

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia
For now basically I'm going to rely on subreddits and online communities. Friends and family and not a good source of criticism, because it's always biased ( nonetheless I will still show them ). In the future as the game progresses I'm thinking of building a community on youtube and using Youtube as free marketing.
That's great, I see you have everything covered. Good luck with your game, PigTech!

PigTech

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 11, 2023
The past few moths I have been on summer break vacation. I hate this.... So much of my time is wasted without my consent... I have to go here, there, now in Sicily, then in Krapets... So unproductive. My health is suffering. The food is unhealthy ( yuck ), my sleep is F*cked. I'm constantly hungry. My workouts are constantly changing, even at times I have to miss them. I'm losing my physique I have been building. I very rarely find time to work on this product.... I rarely find time to read books. Sometimes I can't even have 20 quality minutes for meditation... Journalling also has become short and surface levelled. This is so unproductive.

And yet, this IS productive. This shows how weak I am. I base my self worth on external superficial things like: health, business, physique... All of these things will be F*cked by fate. I get emotional when fate does what it does.

I am actually starting to put all of the stoicism principles I learned into practice. I have acquired a peaceful mind ( well, most of the time ). I rest in the moment. I don't get so emotional. I just do what I can do in every situation. I am mindful of the fact that I am mortal. I have began to live every day as my last.

Now that isn't to say that I have figured life out. Of course not. After all I'm just 14 years old. I'm a life long student. There is a LOT of stuff that can be improved. I don't write this to boast or anything. I wanted share what has been happening in my life lately and why I haven't made significant progress in my product.

There will come a time when the rhythm of my life will again be steady and back to normal. Until then I can strengthen the internal. True happiness is found there. That is where virtue lies. Fate cannot hurt the internal, unless you allow it to.
All of these external successes are useless without an unshakable mind and soul.

To anyone going through the same situation, I feel you. We will get through this.

With deepest gratitude, PigTech.

PigTech

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 11, 2023
23.08.08 => 23.08.23: Finally finished data chunking, transmission, and reassembling. I wasted so much time on a fancy shmancy mehtod. In the end I ditched what I had been working on for over 3 weeks and just created a simple, efficient and useful method in just 1 hour.... :|

PigTech

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 11, 2023
Damn... 9 days ago someone has released a demo of their game, the problem is that it is almost the same as mine...... I'm not sure I can compete with his game... I must start another one :/ Here's the link to his demo: https://www.reddit.com/r/TurnBasedTactical/comments/163xkfh View: https://www.reddit.com/r/TurnBasedTactical/comments/163xkfh/the_demo_for_mystical_conquests_my_turnbased/

Should I continue? Should I switch to another game? I have ideas, only I'm not sure if it's the case of 'the grass is greener' or I really should move on to something different...

If anything at least I gained more skill and experience.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.