The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Randomly Testing Your Limits

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
I'm just curious if others here have a fascination with seeing what they're personally capable of doing.

One thing I hate is having a thought that I cannot do something, or even being told I can't do something. Because of this, I do a lot of things out of curiosity to see if I can...

A few examples are:

-Deciding the night before to see if I can do a half marathon the next day. I'm not an endurance runner, in fact my first timed mile was 10:30. lol - I worked out, but longest run during that time was only 5 miles. I did it, but it certainly wasn't fun haha

-Trying to do a century ride (100 miles) on a bike. Only got to just under 75miles for this one. Actually bringing this up makes me need to try this again... Have to do it once winter passes.

-A current one is starting, and then quitting smoking cigarettes this past month. With all the media, and people around me constantly saying how "impossible" it is to quit I had to see for myself. Finishing up the last pack for this in the next day or two. It has become a habit to go smoke when thinking about a programming problem - I think that'll be the hardest part of quitting. Granted, I'm just going to try replacing it with something else, like push ups or something. It'll be fun to see what happens.

Those are just a few. Anyone else have this fascination of testing themselves?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX
* Quitting smoking is probably one of the hardest things to do. For anyone that never got "hooked" imagine someone telling you not to piss all day and when you get up the next morning not too do it then, either. The physical as well as psychological urges are almost as tough with tobacco. Sucking on fireballs for almost a month straight helps (at least, when I finally quit some 15 years ago).

* I also had a mild case of SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder) and avoided confrontation of any type like the plague. Even if I was overcharged for something, I'd bite the bullet rather than plead my case to the store manager. What's interesting is that diving into real estate investing has not only helped me financially, but also cured me in many ways with SAD. I forced myself to have to deal with people and all the confrontations it entails (especially, being a landlord).

Probably the two hardest things I've had to mentally overcome.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.