The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Ok, so who's going to buy the products that big companies make once more than 85% of the population eventually gets laid off due to AI? AI bots in an AI-driven economy?
Even without AI, our Singapore PMET jobs will be done offshore in India or Philippine for a fraction of the cost.

The recent emphasis on “work from home” to achieve work life balance is a joke.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
331%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Even without AI, our Singapore PMET jobs will be done offshore in India or Philippine for a fraction of the cost.

The recent emphasis on “work from home” to achieve work life balance is a joke.
Guys… start a business, both of you have been on the forum for ages. What are you waiting for? Better to barely get by working for yourself than make a “good wage” working for someone else.

Just start already. 10 years from today you’ll be much farther than you ever dreamt possible!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Guys… start a business, both of you have been on the forum for ages. What are you waiting for? Better to barely get by working for yourself than make a “good wage” working for someone else.

Just start already. 10 years from today you’ll be much farther than you ever dreamt possible!
I am self-employed as a financial broker. It is “kind of like a business”. This is even before than the time I discovered MJ’s Fastlane forum.

My post was more of a warning towards people who think their jobs are safe.

There is regulatory barrier against someone oversea from disrupting my role.

You will not be given a visa for my role as a foreigner.

Last edited:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
331%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I am self-employed as a financial broker. It is “kind of like a business”.
That’s good, so can you bring in your own clients or you’re 100% subcontracting for a financial institution atm?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
That’s good, so can you bring in your own clients or you’re 100% subcontracting for a financial institution atm?
I am paid sales commission when clients purchase products via me.

They are not really “my clients” legally because they are signing their names on papers with financial institutions, where I am the sales representative.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
331%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I am paid sales commission when clients purchase products via me.
Okay so you’re basically a salesman, which is my favorite role. If I could only do one thing, I’d just spend my time convincing people to buy our stuff.

If I were you I’d hit LinkedIn with both content + outreach, and work on getting amazing at sales using a consultative approach. You could make so much money even from international clients. Lots of people are looking for places to park their money and multiply it.

Invest in your appearance and in anything extravagant. Get a Rolex, take pictures at expensive hotels / eating out places, and just share your journey — you’ll attract interest.

I’d also look into building an organisation that can work with OTHER companies like the one you currently collaborate with and basically put your sales & marketing processes to work for THEM. This way you get back scale + control. And your value comes from the sales + marketing processes you’ve built and designed.

In the future you can also get paid to consult with companies, which is even higher leverage. You guys need to aim higher and build your brand.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
It’s a recession

These companies were bloated af

Money isn’t cheap and flowing like it was before

Ai is just an excuse to lay useless people off who would have been laid off anyway

They’re not going to come out and say we hired too many useless people

Or times are tough were cutting back

They’re going to say

Ohh we replaced them with ai

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 27, 2022
United States

I may disagree with you on some things but this is 100% true.

Why the hell are you here if you at haven't at least tried your hand at entrepreneurship?

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I may disagree with you on some things but this is 100% true.

Why the hell are you here if you at haven't at least tried your hand at entrepreneurship?

Well, I tried my hand in eCom some years back but it flopped time and again, so I gave it up. It could be that some people just

i) lack the 'acumen' of finding out which products are actually in demand and
ii) lack the science of making FB/IG ads work / or the execution ability

In all my tries, I lost a few K each time. So what did I do since then? I park all my money in timed/fixed deposits and I'm getting extra few hundreds a month lol At least I'm not throwing $$$ into the fire like before

On top of my day job + rental income, I'm good for now.

I'm taking a step back, learn some additional skills (3D modeling for product visualization, let's hope AI won't catch up anytime soon and I doubt it will at the current pace), then I'll try going the B2B route.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Well, I tried my hand in eCom some years back but it flopped time and again, so I gave it up. It could be that some people just

i) lack the 'acumen' of finding out which products are actually in demand and
ii) lack the science of making FB/IG ads work / or the execution ability

In all my tries, I lost a few K each time. So what did I do since then? I park all my money in timed/fixed deposits and I'm getting extra few hundreds a month lol At least I'm not throwing $$$ into the fire like before

On top of my day job + rental income, I'm good for now.

I'm taking a step back, learn some additional skills (3D modeling for product visualization, let's hope AI won't catch up anytime soon and I doubt it will at the current pace), then I'll try going the B2B route.
Most Sg millionaires are in the food business.

Fried Bee Hoon and char kway teow stall owners, one boss with one or two additional helper. I saw them on oversea trips swiping cards spending 100k buying branded goods without a blink. The folks in their 50s and 60s with little educational background.

The same field has been a disaster for young people who closed down their cafe in 12 months after burning their parents’ money.

B2B businesses opportunities abundant. Our business parks is no short of profitable companies renting them despite the sky high rental.

One of my friend started a one man transportation company. His client is his friend who is running a bigger business that involves hundreds of foreign workers. He drives a bus bought on a loan. He finds other drivers with their own buses and subcontracts the job to them. It’s difficult to fill the demand and sometimes his 70 year old father has to help to drive for some hours. He is definitely making good money on the table. The downside is lack of rest and stress. He has to pay subcontractors in advance and sleeps 5 hours day.

I think the choices are abundant. For small guys who aren’t dreaming too big (with the necessity for innovation) choosing a trade early and grind will work for most people as the results compound over time.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thought I'd check out Skool given all the hype.

It really reminds me of Udemy and Substack, in that there's a discovery element to it, in this case for people to discover communities. Smart.

1718011793245.png

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

It really reminds me of Udemy and Substack, in that there's a discovery element to it, in this case for people to discover communities. Smart.

View attachment 56357
Some people are going to make mad money. But 99% will be making Skool money.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Agreed, but it's up to people to be the 1%.

The idea of creating a community repels me. Just thought it looked like a clever platform (in that the communities are all on the same domain, and there's discoverability).

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Found another MJ DeMarco fan at work with his screen saver. Small world.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
In 1995, Peter Jackson became the most hated filmmaker in New Zealand. He made a documentary about some film canisters from 1908 that showed Kiwi Colin Mackenzie had made films with color and sound twenty years before Hollywood. Mackenzie made his own film, cameras, and dollies.

The documentary had several famous people (Maltin, Weinstein, Sam Neil)) reflecting on Mackenzie's technological advancements, and his failed effort to create a 2 hour film "Salome". After it debuted on New Zealand's public television, which helped fund it, people realized it was a giant hoax.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLHeuvOb4Ow

Kavin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jul 28, 2023
Dubai
I was really pondering around and thinking about my grades lately and I could not get if it was good or bad so I am here just to ask you all (cuz i trust the people in this forum ) is 85.6% a good percentage for grade 10? (in indian curriculum) it its around 3.5 gpa

Kavin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jul 28, 2023
Dubai

View attachment 56357
Sad to see its entrepreneurship filled with all this bs :(

1718095472033.png

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
691%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Here is how it looked in Gumroad in 2022...

Check out how .1% the industry is...

---
Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 13.03.20.png

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I was really pondering around and thinking about my grades lately and I could not get if it was good or bad so I am here just to ask you all (cuz i trust the people in this forum ) is 85.6% a good percentage for grade 10? (in indian curriculum) it its around 3.5 gpa
Depends on what you want.

If your goal is to get some Indian job then it's good.

If you want to get a scholarship or have grades that actually help you get a good life its not enough.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

NDhealer

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 5, 2024
Hi guys. I would like to ask some opinions on profit sharing. I'm not sure if it's the universal term used. After reading fastlane, my mind was blown and I knew i need to venture into business and somehow i have my limitations as a mother of 2 sons aged 5 and 1 year old. I'm a medical doctor and was planning to involve in a profit sharing for a franchise clinic(the closest I could think of in venturing into business), it means that if we're putting 10 000 USD as capital, we're going to get 10% of the profit from that particular franchise sales. And if we're putting 50 000 USD, we're going to get 20%. It's quite risky to be opening your own clinic at my place as it is already saturated and competition is quite stiff. Only this year I started to read things about financial things,I'm still quite new in this field. It would be nice to hear your toughts on this. Thank you in advance guys and have a nice day.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hi guys. I would like to ask some opinions on profit sharing. I'm not sure if it's the universal term used. After reading fastlane, my mind was blown and I knew i need to venture into business and somehow i have my limitations as a mother of 2 sons aged 5 and 1 year old. I'm a medical doctor and was planning to involve in a profit sharing for a franchise clinic(the closest I could think of in venturing into business), it means that if we're putting 10 000 USD as capital, we're going to get 10% of the profit from that particular franchise sales. And if we're putting 50 000 USD, we're going to get 20%. It's quite risky to be opening your own clinic at my place as it is already saturated and competition is quite stiff. Only this year I started to read things about financial things,I'm still quite new in this field. It would be nice to hear your toughts on this. Thank you in advance guys and have a nice day.
You need to partner with someone with a lot of experience in the field.

It would help if you got yourself (the clinic) on the panels for most insurance companies as they are footing the bills.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,186%
Jun 8, 2010
California
This is a knockoff of a Fastlane forum members product, hopefully not run by another member here
Ryford is actually considering cashing out. He got multiple offers from some well known brands in the barber industry.

He'll be focusing on his SaaS company going forward.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.