The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

questions about platinum seo and robots meta plugin

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
The 2 plugins I'm am referencing are here

Platinum SEO plugin - the ultimate wordpress SEO solution

and here

WordPress › Support [Plugin: Robots Meta] Potential conflict with another plugin?

I originally installed robots meta to controll indexing and nofollow. The I looked into platinum SEO and liked the extra features it has compared to all-in-one-SEO so I installed that as well. Well the thing is PSEO can also control indexing and nofollow, but I'm not sure if I need the two of them or if they will conflict at all. I'm not really aware of how either of them tweak my wordpress site so here is my basic understanding. meta robots creates a robot.txt file for the search engine spiders, but platinum SEO tweaks the on-page meta tags which also give direction to the SEO spiders. Is this correct? Please enlighten me to how this whole spider control works if I am wrong or 'incomplete' on my information.

What I really need to know is if these 2 plugins would really conflict and cause a big mess. I do realize that if I tell meta robots not to index a category page (for example) but then tell PSEO to index a category page this would obviously be a conflict, so other than having to be careful about what I tell the plugins to do, do I need to worry about anything else? Forgive my ignorance on this matter but this is something I'm not completely familiar with. Thanks for any input and helping to further educate myself in understanding SEO.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
I posted this on the warrior forum and didn't get a response, so I figured I'd try here.

It's a pretty specific Q that takes familiarity with both of the plugins in question. I think to play it safe I will be removing the meta robots plugin.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
You are over thinking it. Get all in one SEO or whatever type of plug in, itll give you no index for categories, then just write a simple robots.txt for you site and disallow the stuff you dont want indexed. You dont want to add all these little plugins that you could simply do yoursefl because it makes the overall WP install heavier. You need a light install, not a ton of stuff. To be honest you just want to get indexed and then work on off page SEO

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
You're exactly right. I do tend to over think things sometimes. I'll remove robots meta and look into creating my own robots.txt.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.