The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question: Protecting Your Niche/Idea & Outsourcers

Idea threads

Incoan

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 10, 2011
Hi, fastlaners!

I know that an idea by itself is nothing, and my boss at my job also tells me that it is more about "someone who can take this idea and realize it", but...

I still feel like learning about other people's opinion on this topic.

If I want to hire someone from oDesk, how do I protect my website?

For example, I'd like to hire
-A web designer.
What I'm cautious about: He will have access to my ftp, wordpress, all content. I'm actually worried about this one a lot. He might hack me or something lol. And he sees exactly what I'm tweaking on my website to get maximum ... *conversion*, if we use Internet Marketing terms :).
What he won't get access to: However, he probably won't have any access to my email newsletters (but he can SPY on it!) or how I handle clients who contact me directly through email/phone/other ways.

-An ebook writer/product creator.
I don't even know how these are hired, but I'm sure it is possible, right?
What I'm cautious about: This ebook writer can write my book, and try to sell it later
However, he will not have access to my marketing plan or anything. Same goes with outsourcing any product creation.

Is there any way to minimize the risks even further?

Thanks!

An.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser2

dont worry about it. really.

no seriously dont worry about it. they are just looking for a job, then another job, and another.

they dont care what your doing...

seriously

00N8

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
May 31, 2011
New Mexico
Ideas are cheap. Executing them is priceless. Most of the time people spend all their time protecting their ideas and no time executing them. I've spent countless hours teaching people what I did and how I did it in real estate only to have them not get it or not implement it. I don't worry about people stealing ideas anymore, if they do, they become competition and good competition is great for whatever the product or idea is since they are also furthering the progress of it.

mullins

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 25, 2011
I have racked up 1000s of hours on odesk, trust your gut feeling you can usually tell someone scamming. But to be honest if you go on hours worked, feedback etc you will not go wrong.

The one thing I learnt the hard way is cheaper is not better!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.