The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question for affiliate marketers

brianm4289

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Mar 1, 2010
I am gonna make this breif and I tried to search it but couldn't find anything, what host do you guys use to provide a website? I obviously want a cheap route if possible but am not too knowledgable on html. I have made yahoo sites in the past but at $12.95 monthly per site (possibly making more than one site over time) that could get pricey. Is there any other good website options for a newb or should I just pay the $12.95 per month and make quality sites instead of a quantity of not so good sites? thanks guys

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

attuk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Apr 14, 2010
What host do you guys use to provide a website?
Hostgator about $10 / month
You can host unlimited domains (as addon domains)
They have been of during the last 3 years,
Good technical support.
Poor billing support, especially if you overpay !, need to be careful with paypal subscriptions so that you don't overpay.
When ever you get stuck have a live chat with their tech support, very useful :)

Tried
Jaguar pc → virtual private servers ($40/ month)
Softlayer → Dedicated servers ($200 /month)

I obviously want a cheap route if possible but am not too knowledgable on html.
Is there any other good website options for a newb or should I just pay the $12.95 per month and make quality sites instead of a quantity of not so good sites? thanks guys

Is using wordpress an option ? What kind of sites do you need to make ? There are free templates for all sorts of sites...

BTW: I am not affiliated with any of the above companies otherwise I wouldn't be paying for my hosting with them :)

stlsmoore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 8, 2009
Saint Louis
I here hostgator is good, I'm currently using GoDaddy but for my future sites I'm gonna most likely go with Hostgator simply because they use the cPanel plugin which makes setting up wordpress websites a breeze. You can easily create websites nowadays with out knowing any HTML. Check out wordpress or better yet Weebly.com, it's free and very very easy to use. I have a few CPA sites redirected at free weebly sites still from when I was doing PPC testing.

brianm4289

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Mar 1, 2010
do free hosts usually post their own ads into your site?

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Hostgator... use someone's affiliate link on the board.

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
I've used most of the big name hosts, and the one I've found with the best service and support (at least in my experience) is Bluehost. I'm an affiliate, and I set up all my clients on Bluehost also. They offer unlimited storage, unlimited number of domains, unlimited bandwidth, etc.

Free hosts are really tough. Trust me, they're not really free. They either force ads or make you suffer one way or another. The best free host I've ever found is 000webhost.com. No ads (last time I checked) , and they offer cpanel and a full set of features. I found their performance to be lacking enough that it was worth a few bucks per month for professional hosting.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
I obviously want a cheap route if possible but am not too knowledgable on html. I have made yahoo sites in the past but at $12.95 monthly per site (possibly making more than one site over time) that could get pricey

I'm not sure if this helps you at all, but I ran across this last night. If it doesn't apply to your question then it's no big deal.

John says:
March 12, 2010 at 3:18 pm
You can host as many as you want via an addon domain. Addon domains let you host different sites on your account and they share the same space. For example if your primary site is yourdomain123.com, you could make yourdomain456.com as an addon domain. The yourdomain456.com would be a totally separate Web site and visitors wouldn’t know its part of your yourdomain123.com.

Most decent hosting packages allow this. Bluehost is a good host. If you want to go with a little better host though, I would look into Hostgator or Dreamhost.

Dreamhost is employee owned, so they seem like they truly care about thier customers. Hostgator has awsome support. I have accounts with Dreamhost, Godaddy, Hostgator, and Bluehost. Withouth a doubt, of all those Dreamhost and Hostgator by far have been the best.

I have had no downtime on any of my sites and thier support is great. Dreamhost also offers a 100% uptime guarantee and they even have a $97 day money back guarantee if you decide you dont like them. That way you can try them out to see if you like them.

I would say Dreamhost is slightly better than Hostgator, but they will both treat you great and offer one on one help in case you run into problems, whereas some of the big companies, ie godaddy are terrible to deal with if you need one on one support with someone that speaks good english, especially if your not tech savy.

Here are some Dreamhost coupon codes in case you decide to try them:

SAVEMONTHLY ($40 off Monthly Hosting)
20OFFHOSTING ($20 Off Hosting Package)
2DOMFREE (2 Additional Free Domain Names with Signup)
1IPFORFREE (Get 1 Free Lifetime Unique IP)
65OFFHOSTING ($65 Off 1 Year Hosting Package)

Here are some coupons for Hostgator:

SNOWMAN (20% off)
BOSTON (25$ off)
HOUSTON ($25 off)
HGC25 ($9.94 off new hosting)

Read comparisions of them both as well as some other hosting options including Bluehost here:

Hosting Reviews | InternetHostReviews.com

Good luck!

The post was originally found on this site:

How many Domains can i host in BlueHost, web hosting? | howtowebhost.info

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
I highly recommend hostgator. Excellent customer support.

Only 10 bucks a month for unlimited space, bandwidth, domains.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.