The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PROGRESS THREAD: GymJunkie (36Pounds.com)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Ok looks like I've found a solution, one of the hosts in my native country has option to host sites in US. I decided to buy its hosting and try it.. hopefully this will solve the problem. Should be done by the next weekend..

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
getresponse has a free trial and YES you do you it NOW! Why would you wait to get potential customers? I really don't know either. Put it up ASAP. The sooner you put it up the more people you will have to market to. I am not sure why you don't need it now...

What host are you going to use?

You need to do this in the following order.

1) buy host
2) change template
3) set up autoresponder
4) finish the free ebook and possible put links to clickbank products or other products that you could be an affiliate of and get a percentage of commission from
5) set up the autoresponder in which if you sign up you will get the free ebook.
6) content content content
7) SEO, Traffic, (times 100)

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Trying to buy new hosting, learning new stuff to write content.. a little marketing too..

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Trying to buy new hosting, learning new stuff to write content.. a little marketing too..

Are you in a country where you can't use the popular hosting companies like godaddy, bluehost, 1and1, etc... ???? All you need right now is a simple $3/mo beginner or home package from any decent host.

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
yea, i use ...uh ..hostgator..i'm not sure why you couldn't use any host..an i'm assuming your traffic comes from US so it would be even more beneficial.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I am gonna be using Hostingo paslaugø lyderis - Serveriai.lt it's probably the biggest host in my country. And it is easy to pay them for me through internet (no PayPal or anything). It will be 100GBs of traffic and 1GB of space and it will cost about 4 bucks a month. Servers will be in US since they allow me to choose where I want servers to be ( a great feature)..

I market mostly on forums, some guest posts (not everyone accepts) and in Yahoo Answers..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
haha, well yes that would be a good idea as well.

Well, lets see... if you are not making any money..... why would you be spending what you have on something that is not going to show good returns in a reasonable amount of time. You can put a simple submit and save the emails in a sheet or text file. If you have no traffic or readership guesswhat your not going to have anyone buying/downloading/signing up. and if you do have a trickle of people, you are going to send an email blast to 30-40 people? remember that sending emails and selling books doesnt not mean garantee sales. people have to trust who you are. you write and release an e-book with no readers now you will not sell many, you wait untill you get a reader base then hype up the book and sell it then. More return for the time you invested writing it.

Sucessful sites take patience and planning... Can you show me some sites that you have made good income from using your methods please?

The last question is for me or for Maximus?

Great post.. personally now I'm not as concerned with getting their emails. I will give out an ebook, but it's main goal is to answer people's questions and build more trust and bring new traffic (go viral)..

BTW, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised that this thread got so much attention. I though I'd be just posting updates to myself..:smx1: Now I have to say a big Thank you for this forum members:tiphat::thankyousign:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
The last question is for me or for Maximus?

Great post.. personally now I'm not as concerned with getting their emails. I will give out an ebook, but it's main goal is to answer people's questions and build more trust and bring new traffic (go viral)..

BTW, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised that this thread got so much attention. I though I'd be just posting updates to myself..:smx1: Now I have to say a big Thank you for this forum members:tiphat::thankyousign:
No, it was for maximus.

Why not post the info that would be in the e-book to your site? you need to get good content that will draw people in. Once you get good pages up and see where your traffic is coming from then you can link build to those pages to help get search engine traffic.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
No, it was for maximus.

Why not post the info that would be in the e-book to your site? you need to get good content that will draw people in. Once you get good pages up and see where your traffic is coming from then you can link build to those pages to help get search engine traffic.

Free reposts are recommended by guys like Yaro Starak to drive traffic to your blog. I decided to try this. And I post good content on my blog always. No content bought from other writers who just do it for money..

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
I am gonna be using Hostingo paslaugø lyderis - Serveriai.lt it's probably the biggest host in my country. And it is easy to pay them for me through internet (no PayPal or anything). It will be 100GBs of traffic and 1GB of space and it will cost about 4 bucks a month. Servers will be in US since they allow me to choose where I want servers to be ( a great feature)..

I market mostly on forums, some guest posts (not everyone accepts) and in Yahoo Answers..

Why not get an american based host and get UNLIMITED bandwidth and UNLIMITED space??

haha, well yes that would be a good idea as well.

Well, lets see... if you are not making any money..... why would you be spending what you have on something that is not going to show good returns in a reasonable amount of time. You can put a simple submit and save the emails in a sheet or text file. If you have no traffic or readership guesswhat your not going to have anyone buying/downloading/signing up. and if you do have a trickle of people, you are going to send an email blast to 30-40 people? remember that sending emails and selling books doesnt not mean garantee sales. people have to trust who you are. you write and release an e-book with no readers now you will not sell many, you wait untill you get a reader base then hype up the book and sell it then. More return for the time you invested writing it.

Sucessful sites take patience and planning... Can you show me some sites that you have made good income from using your methods please?

Who said anything about spending money. My plan was 100% free...

He was not going to charge for the book. He said it was going to give it away free. Do what I said...

Go to getresponse and get the free trial of their autoresponder so you can collect potential customers. I never once said to blast out an email to everyone off the bat.. You are jumping to conclusions..

Gymjunkie, apparently you have read stuff by Yaro. He is really, really good at what he does and he does blogs. Join a newsletter by him and read up on what he has to say. It will most likely be what I said or close to it.3

I would also recommend checking out warriorforum.com that is the BEST forum for Internet marketing..

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Why not get an american based host and get UNLIMITED bandwidth and UNLIMITED space??

He was not going to charge for the book. He said it was going to give it away free. Do what I said...

Go to getresponse and get the free trial of their autoresponder so you can collect potential customers. I never once said to blast out an email to everyone off the bat.. You are jumping to conclusions..

Gymjunkie, apparently you have read stuff by Yaro. He is really, really good at what he does and he does blogs. Join a newsletter by him and read up on what he has to say. It will most likely be what I said or close to it.3

I would also recommend checking out warriorforum.com that is the BEST forum for Internet marketing..

Must be right, i have no idea what I'm talking about i guess.......

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009

It easier for me to pay them now...

I am on both, Yaro's newsletter and Warrior Forum ;)

Yeah it is similar to what Yaro says, and I really know this stuff too, I know the importance of list, and I know I am not doing it 100 percent properly now.. this will come in the future tough...

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
Must be right, i have no idea what I'm talking about i guess.......

You were also discrediting my views as well..

It easier for me to pay them now...

I am on both, Yaro's newsletter and Warrior Forum ;)

Yeah it is similar to what Yaro says, and I really know this stuff too, I know the importance of list, and I know I am not doing it 100 percent properly now.. this will come in the future tough...

okay good. Both of them will help you and i'm glad you know the importance of a list.

Just be careful not go get bogged down with information as alot of people do. My problem was i went from one way to make money from the next and never really kept at just one way..

Would you mind if you outlined your plan?

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009

okay good. Both of them will help you and i'm glad you know the importance of a list.

Just be careful not go get bogged down with information as alot of people do. My problem was i went from one way to make money from the next and never really kept at just one way..

Oh yeah, you can definitely get lost with info, but I have found a pattern and keys to success and I will do that. It doesn't make it easy though, shit happens but I am optimistic about it ;)

I didn't really understood the question! You mean I should outline my plan or you want to do it? I have done it earlier, it's when this discussion started. We just got into details more.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

I am not discrediting anything, I do however have a good bit of experience, as may you, which is why i was interested in seeing some of the sites that you use these methods on. Surley you wouldn't be pitching theory you read somewhere only from experiences or complete understanding, right?

In the end there are many ways a website can be made, but only few that make it successful. I will clear the floor at this point. Good luck Gym Junkie

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
okay then. no hard feelings.

Gym, I was just curious as to what your next few steps are. Give us some updates!!!

Buy the hosting and set it up until next week and finish the free ebook and post it on Monday!

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Ok, now it is time to learn how to transfer my blog from one blog to other...

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
What do you mean transfer it from one blog to another?

You mean different hosts?

Silly me :smx4: Yup, to different host...

I am transferring files now.. still have to edit database info and see if it works... plus something is wrong with redirecting so this might take a day or two :pissed:

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
What do you mean redirecting? Are you talking about editing your .htaccess file?

Umm.. when you buy domain you direct it to some DNS server (or hosting server).. different hosts have different IPs so now that I've moved to new server I need ot redirect the domain name to new server...

I suck at this techy stuff...

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
oh. I'm not sure if you know this already but...

You just go to where you bought you domain name and change your name servers.

there should be atleast two. They would start with a ns1. and then ns2.

After that, wait a couple of min/hr/days according to your ISP and when the refresh everything and your domain name should be hosted by the new host.

You also will have to transfer all your data and databases to the new host as well. I will get more info on this sometime today.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
oh. I'm not sure if you know this already but...

You just go to where you bought you domain name and change your name servers.

there should be atleast two. They would start with a ns1. and then ns2.

After that, wait a couple of min/hr/days according to your ISP and when the refresh everything and your domain name should be hosted by the new host.

You also will have to transfer all your data and databases to the new host as well. I will get more info on this sometime today.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.. I've done it.. 24 hours to wait until it's processed fully.. I wonder if the blog is working now...

I've downloaded files through FTP from old host and now uploaded them to new host. Updated wp-config.php I think everything should work now... but who knows..

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Oh snap.. how do I transfer database? Was this copied from old host when I downloaded whole folder from it?

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Boy do I suck at this... looks like it is not working on the new server...
I have downloaded an xml file fro WP Dashboard if something goes real bad and then I can just import it to new host... I'd just have to install WP again..

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
No, the databases are stored in a different place than the templates and wp php files.

I do not know what you mean by your last post lol sorry.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.