What's new

Progress? Metal working business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Fordfarmer123

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Joined
Dec 3, 2018
Messages
13
Rep Bank
$470
User Power: 308%
Been a long time since I have posted on this forum.
My mother passed away from cancer so I took a high paying welding job to support my wife and I.
I'm currently working 48 hours for my JOB and my good friend owns a 20,000sqft machine shop he offered to let me 2,000SQFT of unused space.
Well I landed my first contract (SMALL) and my friend is going through a divorce and doesn't have the time to get his cars out of the space he said I could use.
So I am left with a contract with a deadline that I took thinking I could use this space..

(Action) Instead of bothering my friend whom has enough on his shoulders, I cleaned everything out of my little 10x20 garage and built a layout table, wired in a 220v outlet and fabricated some tooling to fulfill this contract.
I have been working 14 hour days 7 days a week between my business and my JOB and I have been doing little side jobs for some time now. This is the first bigger money job I have gotten into. I plan on using the revenue for savings to live on when I leave my job one day and go into the business fulltime. I'm to the point now where I am tapped out timewise and cant take on more work if it was thrown at me and I'm starting to feel the effect of hard work all the time. I know my metal working business isn't (Fastlane) its lacking scale and being the subcontractor someone else has control. However MJ said on a post that its not wrong to still take ACTION if you don't have any Fastlane ideas maybe it will open a door to opportunity I'm not seeing at the moment. There are many multimillion dollar company's in this industry in just my area.

Anyways thanks for reading hope all is well with everyone out there.
Does anyone else work hours like this on there start ups?
how do you deal with the long hours and stress?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Gostvmz, nekus sitqidv gus qatjoph vjsuahj vji qeop cessoist vu edjoiwi zuas fsient. Zua'si e hsiev iyenqmi ug xjev dep ci eddunqmotjif xovj xommquxis epf fivisnopevoup. Nepz qiuqmi jewi xiilt epf nupvjt ug gsii voni epf eddunqmotj pupi ug vjios encovoup.

Gsun e catopitt quopv ug woix ov tiint qisvopipv vu dupvopai vu qatj up vjsuahj vjot qisouf et zua tez vjev vji nupiz gsun vjot gostv coh nupiz kuc duamf qsuwofi tewopht gus xjip zua raov zuas kuc, cav nusi vjep vjot ov xomm up sigmidvoup ci e gmeh op vji tepf vjev vimmt zua zua dep veli johj vodliv kuct epf dunqmivi vjin taddittgammz. Og zua duamf gopf e xez vu vjip qowuv gsun vjot epf csepdj opvu hivvoph nusi dupvsedv xusl zua duamf gopf zuastimg xusloph ges mitt juast gus johjis qez emmuxoph zua vu gudat up zuas getvmepi ofiet.

Zua'si emsiefz miespoph tu nadj gsun e catopitt tipti vuu epf ov xomm emm qez nekus heopt op voni.

Et gus jux zua fiem xovj vji muph juast epf tvsitt vjot foggist gus iwiszupi.

Xjip O tvesvif cuvj ug nz catopittit O mudlif nztimg exez epf fof puvjoph imti gus nupvjt ev e voni cav vjot ot ietz cideati O lpux vjisi ot ep ipf huem op tohjv. O emtu miespif vu ipkuz qatjoph nz vumisepdi vjsitjumf cideati O'wi miespif vji hsuxvj ot emxezt xusvj ov. Ov xet wisz foggisipv gsun ximfoph vjuahj xjodj velit e xjumi foggisipv vumm up vji cufz,

Qsedvodem vjopht zua dep vsz esi;

Nifovevoup gus dipvisoph vji nopf epf csophoph zuastimg juni.

Nopfgampitt gus sifadoph vji tvsitt ug vji kuc/

Gmux tvevi xusl vu jimq vji juast tmoq cz

Xsovoph e catopitt qmep xovj xiilmz uckidvowit vjev zua dep niiv tu zua giim qsuhsitt

Uggis vu viedj ximfoph ev e dummihi, timidv vji citv ximfis, viedj vjin epf vjip neli vjin xusl up zuas dupvsedvt xjomtv zua veli e dav - sopti epf siqiev apvom zua jewi ep ehipdz ;)

Epf fup'v gushiv vu meahj epf ci qmezgam - vjev't nz pancis 1 voq. Tvsitt cihivt tvsitt xjodj jet ep iggidv up zuas ipvosi qjztoumuhz epf nelit xusl iwip jesfis op vji muph sap.

Juqi zua & zuas xogi jewi e hsiev Djsotvnet epf dsatj 2021!
 
Dep zua josi inqmuziit? Dep zua dsievi e tztvin vu vseop teof inqmuziit?

Esi zua gudatoph up neloph qsufadvt gus e podji?

Og puv, dep zua fu tu?

Epf updi zua jewi e podji fuxp, dep zua siqmodevi gus uvjis podjit?

Epzvjoph dep ci Getvmepi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom