The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Productivity Hacks for the Neurotic

Adam Secada

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jan 21, 2014
Dallas, TX
Hey all --
Wanted to drop a quick knowledge bomb on people. I got a ton of value out of it, so I think you can as well.

First, for all my Dallas Fastlaners -- @All In and I have been doing regular meetups for the past couple of weeks, and it has sort of evolved into a Mastermind Meetup. We have a very technical skillset, so a lot of what we talk about is tech news, scaling applications, development efforts, etc. If you'd like to partake, please message one of us so we can ping you when we decide to do one. Theres no set schedule, and we only ask you bring something of value. It can be something as simple as a blog post, as long as you have something to offer. Speaking firsthand, I can tell you I've gotten 10x what I put in to our meetings. I'm going to continue to cultivate / facilitate regular meetups for us, so don't miss out on the awesome stuff we discuss. Tonight I put together a framework for Marketing without spending a dime that has been vetted and verified by a few Entrepreneur Greats. Should be a fun time.

Speaking of Entrepreneur Greats, here is what I wanted to share.
Tim Ferriss (I'm not going to bother to list his accolades, if you don't know who he is.... yeah.) has this nugget of wisdom from the archives of his blog that has really helped me be productive.

If you can't be bothered to read the whole thing, here's the readers digest version:
1. Everyday, write at MOST 5 things that are making you uncomfortable or anxious in your business or life (I'd recommend life before business because if you don't have your life in order, your business is just a means of escape for you.)
2. For each item, ask yourself
2a. If this were all I did today, would I be satisfied with that? (The things that make us anxious are the things we need to do.)
2b. Will doing this now make everything else on the list either superfluous or easier to do? (This is called "Finding the Lead Domino" -- if you hit it, the rest of your day becomes trivial.)
3. Look at only the items you have answered "Yes" to at least one of the above questions. The other shit will be there tomorrow.
4. Block out 3 hours of time to do that one thing. It needs to be a block. Doing 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there for three hours does not work.
5. If you start meandering and lose focus, go back to your list, and find your "lead domino" for the day.

This little post stems from a conversation I had earlier with a friend who always seemed to lose focus, even after he wrote a To-Do list. He would meander from one task from the next, ticking off things from his list. To be clear: Being BUSY is not the same as being PRODUCTIVE. Learn the difference.

Source: BOOM.
http://fourhourworkweek.com/2013/11/03/productivity-hacks/

Keep hustling, amigos.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.