The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PayPal problem..

Dream&Achieve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 24, 2015
I didn't really know what topic to put this into.

Anyway, I'm 15 years old and have a paypal account to use for business and stuff. Just recently, they asked for verification of my identity to make sure I'm over 18 years old. I'm pretty sure that when I signed up, I had to put in my SSN and now they're asking for me to verify myself. At this point, I'm not sure what to do. I've talked with my parents and they've thought about it but don't know what to do either.

Should I just wait 2-3years or is there a way to get out of this or work around it. My bank account that is connected to my PayPal account is a joint account with my mom on it. She said she could provide her info, but we aren't sure if that will work or not.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA

Anyway, I'm 15 years old and have a paypal account to use for business and stuff. Just recently, they asked for verification of my identity to make sure I'm over 18 years old. I'm pretty sure that when I signed up, I had to put in my SSN and now they're asking for me to verify myself. At this point, I'm not sure what to do. I've talked with my parents and they've thought about it but don't know what to do either.

Should I just wait 2-3years or is there a way to get out of this or work around it. My bank account that is connected to my PayPal account is a joint account with my mom on it. She said she could provide her info, but we aren't sure if that will work or not.
I would cancel you account and use your mom's paypal account - especially since its going into the same bank account.

Paypal can get really difficult to work with. Google Paypal Horror Stories for a sample. You would NOT want Paypal to get upset over something they imagined you did during a transaction only to have them find out that you also lied on your application. They may end up keeping your money.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
There is a process where you could make a parent paypal account then a sub child paypal account (i can't recall how)

But, any money you make/receive your mother and/or father will be taxed on the money

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland

Get your mom to make an account in her name and use that instead.
Edit: Ignore me replies didn't show up for some reason :/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Grills

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 11, 2016
London
I second using Stripe if possible.

My cousin had a couple days where Paypal said she was doing too many transactions so they froze her account and held the money so she couldn't fulfil orders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.