The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Paper towels or Blow dryer?

Which method do you use to dry your hands when in a public restroom when you have both options?

• Paper Towels

• Blow Dryer

Results are only viewable after voting.

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
So after chatting on the gas pump thread I decided to make a poll on what thefastlaneforum thinks about efficiency, quality, and comfort.

So what's it going to be!?

Would you rather use the paper towels and be able to quickly grab a few(or a lot) of paper towels, dry your hands and use those towels to open the door handle and keep your hands clean?
OR

You prefer to let a jet stream of air that takes the entire time just to warm up and actually start drying your hands as you franticly rub your hands under it like you're birdman for 4 minutes then having to use your elbow to open the door or just defeat the purpose of washing your hands and pull on the handle. (img related)
giphy.gif

This feedback is a case study of seeing what forms of shortcuts/methods you go for.
Now when you vote in the poll, briefly explain why you chose that option. And create your own questions that might divide the forum into seeing how people perceive efficiency itself as.

@MJ DeMarco I feel like this thread is in the right place, might belong in off-topic section idk though.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Paper towels -- because after I dry my hands, I use it to open the door so I don't have to touch the nasty bathroom door handle with my bare hands, picking up all those nasty germs from dudes who don't bother to wash their hands.

@MJ DeMarco I feel like this thread is in the right place, might belong in off-topic section idk though.

Yes, I moved it there.

Supercar

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 14, 2012
Michigan, Arizona
Paper towels. Quicker, they feel better, and yes, you can use them to open doors.

Our local Whole Foods has some contraption, like a sheet metal hook facing down, to be used to pull the door open with your foot.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I always opt for the towels. The air dryers literally blow sharticles all over your hands and the surrounding area. It's incredibly unhygenic.

Also, as MJ said. I use it to open the door because I don't want hepatitis or the herpesyhphgonoaids.

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
Paper towels. .
Yes!
I always opt for the towels.

The forum has spoken! I hereby petition for completely removing the air dryers and save electricity and materials!
the paper towels are recycled paper anyway! Plus the cost is much cheaper than building a blow dryer that will become outdated in the next 5 years and the cost of the dryer, the paper towels will be cheaper to service for 5 years than buying one!

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 9, 2018
My buddy used a bathroom with just the blow dryer and said his OCD was so bad at one point he couldn't get himself to grab the handle, he stood there for 20 minutes until someone else came in...

Blow Dryer Directions:
  • Press button
  • Rub hands together
  • Wipe on pants

Last edited:

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Paper towels all the way. Blow dryers don't even dry your hands unless you use it twice?!

How about this additional option:

Regular cotton towels.

The gym I'm going to at the moment only has that. Wet, soggy towels that god-knows how many have used before you. Disgusting. The owner is a cheap a$$.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Paper towels -- because after I dry my hands, I use it to open the door so I don't have to touch the nasty bathroom door handle with my bare hands, picking up all those nasty germs from dudes who don't bother to wash their hands.

Yes, I moved it there.
A local coffee shop nearby me uses blow dryers but then has these tiny tissues next to the door to use when you open the door.

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
Regular cotton towels.

The gym I'm going to at the moment only has that. Wet, soggy towels that god-knows how many have used before you. Disgusting. The owner is a cheap a$$.

Isn't that like a health code violation?!?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I choose paper towels all the time unless they have the high-end Dyson dryer, where you put your hands in a small 'valley', and the hot air released is more concentrated. I only find Dyson at airports and popular shopping malls though.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
sometimes wont dry my hands and just kick open the door, bonus points if i hit someone

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Speaking of the gas pump thread, it would be nice if every place was like the place I was talking about, Buc-ee's. No doors (except the toilets), water comes on automatically, paper towels comes automatically, Germ X automatically comes out if you put your hand under it. They have probably 105 separate Germ X dispensers in a mens room at Buc-ee's. One by every urinal and others around the restroom. Instead, most places make it so you have to pull the door open when you leave. :playful:

Like flushing an open toilet, those Dyson air blowers are way worse than the weak air blowers. With their strong current of air, it blows around (they say) 1300x more germs than the regular air blowers. When I have to flush a toilet in a public restroom I kick it with my foot, turn away and close my eyes for 15 seconds. I also tear off a piece of toilet paper to lock and unlock the door. I had never thought about flushing a toilet or the air blowers until we were looking to put some air blowers in a building..... who knew?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.