The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Paid Instagram Shoutouts

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

octeee

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jul 15, 2014
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has paid shoutouts on Instagram from accounts within your niche? If so what are your thoughts on its success/was it worthwhile?

Also did you contact the accounts directly via DM or did you find the accounts on a 'marketplace' for lack of a better term.

Interested to hear if anyone has firsthand experience with this!

Cheers Ollie

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Under-Dog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jan 16, 2015
So.Cal
Most of those accounts have fake profiles as followers. You pay them money, they shoutout you out, and you get nothing out of it.

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Most of those accounts have fake profiles as followers. You pay them money, they shoutout you out, and you get nothing out of it.

Lol, false.

Yes, it works. Contact pages directly. Always do your due diligence make sure that the page gets a good number of interaction (like, comments) on each pic. A page with 50k look for 750 likes a pic or more. Obviously the more the better.

It also comes down to What you do with the page and if it's worth investing money to build your own. I would say it's not worth the time if you want to build a large instagram just to sell ads and promos back to others. But That's an individual choice. Good luck.

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
I would assume it works. If a page constantly has images, that gets a good amount of likes and comments, then you can be sure it has a good audience... Big niche audience+shout out= some sort of win

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CrazyChris

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 12, 2015
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has paid shoutouts on Instagram from accounts within your niche? If so what are your thoughts on its success/was it worthwhile?

Also did you contact the accounts directly via DM or did you find the accounts on a 'marketplace' for lack of a better term.

Interested to hear if anyone has firsthand experience with this!

Cheers Ollie

For one of my products, I currently have 4 affiliates that each have instagram pages with 200k+ followers.

So it's sort of paid shoutouts, sort of not.

For me, it was extremely successful and worth while.

For my niche, a lot of the instagram pages that I approached, had their contact details in their instagram bio's.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.