The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can achieve greatly." ~ Robe

Anything related to matters of the mind

lightweight99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 13, 2009
Kentucky
I say this in the sense that it is the holiday season and therefore typically involves being around friends and family. Today I encountered a number of coworkers and friends who have the corporate ladder mindset and have had in their eyes much success, and I am very happy for them undoubtedly.

My reason for posting this was to merely acknowledge that bit of jealousy I suppose you could say when hearing and seeing of another's success, although working up the corporate ladder. This forum reminds me everyday that regardless of those who have that success in that environment, that they will never truly have freedom. Persistence, dedication, willpower, and desire will overcome all.

I leave with a quote I look at every day:

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can achieve greatly."
~ Robert F. Kennedy

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Operation_OPM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jul 16, 2008
Hyper Hustle Zone, Quadrant I-4
Re: "Only those who dare to fail greatly can achieve greatly." ~

Don't get jealous, get covert-sensitive inside info while their bragging and buy a majority ownership in their company.:coolgleamA:

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ

I have always admired the Kennedy's ability to overcome so many differences to achieve so much in their lifetimes. Their life stories are truly amazing (despite me hating many of their politics) and they've contributed a lot to society in the face of adversity.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

who have the corporate ladder mindset and have had in their eyes much success, and I am very happy for them undoubtedly.

If they are a success in their eyes, then they truly are. Who are we to say otherwise? The only judge-n-jury to your personal level of success is you. Not everyone wants to be an entrepreneur/innovator and many corporate types can look at us with the same level of curiosity.

This forum reminds me everyday that regardless of those who have that success in that environment, that they will never truly have freedom.

I understand your point but mind you, a lot of people enjoy the corporate hob-nob. And if you enjoy it, you essentially assuage the lack of freedom with a misinterpreted sense of security, followed by personal enjoyment. We all know, there is no security in a job.

In other words, not everyone wants what we want and we must always try to understand and respect that. What you and I perceive as enjoyable and reasonable, others might have an antithesis position.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lightweight99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 13, 2009
Kentucky

If they are a success in their eyes, then they truly are. Who are we to say otherwise? The only judge-n-jury to your personal level of success is you. Not everyone wants to be an entrepreneur/innovator and many corporate types can look at us with the same level of curiosity.

I understand your point but mind you, a lot of people enjoy the corporate hob-nob. And if you enjoy it, you essentially assuage the lack of freedom with a misinterpreted sense of security, followed by personal enjoyment. We all know, there is no security in a job.

In other words, not everyone wants what we want and we must always try to understand and respect that. What you and I perceive as enjoyable and reasonable, others might have an antithesis position.

I absolutely agree MJ. I feel no one has the place to question another's goals or motives/ desires. Jealousy was the wrong word to use, I felt more or less as you did in your success story when many of your friends were having much success in their lives while you were struggling to build your empire.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.