• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Only one life to live - Image from Reddit

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by GrandRub, Apr 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. GrandRub

GrandRub Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $101
    Just found this Picture on Reddit - So many People out there that feel stuck and think they dont have control over own lives. this makes me sad.

[​IMG]

Mr992, mdivljina, jwhanke and 19 others like this.
  2. AshrafI

AshrafI Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $333
    They just haven't read MJ's books.

3. SamRussell

SamRussell Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $714
    Man that is sad. Everyone should be able to find one skill or happy that brings happiness.

I sometimes wonder if people mistakingly think of happiness as a state delirious stupor.

AshrafI and Timmy C like this.
  4. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,726
    Admin Post
    Most of the folks that like and agree with this meme are the same folks that say my books (and my message) are a scam.

They aren't interested in change, they're interested in confirming their victim identity through shared communal misery.

It's sad.

But the answers are out there. And it's why I keep writing.

5. TonyStark

TonyStark I'm not dead yet Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,011
    I’m too tired to feel sorry for myself.

Dameron, jonahsr, fr0zeen and 5 others like this.
  6. Ernman

Ernman Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,366
    Despite being very new to this forum, please allow me to be so bold as to add...that's also why so many of us are here with you MJ. Some of us want to help you in making a difference.

7. Dmoneyzzz

Dmoneyzzz Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $196
    Well said! Gotta understand that this is it! If you want it, you cannot waste your time.

AshrafI likes this.
  8. Silverfox148

Silverfox148 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $767
    There is hope for the Reddit poster, they are farther along than most, in that at least they recognize there is a void, most don't even recognize that, there is much hope for the poster actually, they are actually in the 4th stage of depression in the 5 stages of grief, they are unplugging, most get stuck in denial.

Next step is acceptance and making something meaningful out of the reality that is life, if we desire to transcend into something greater spiritually we must go through these stages. The void(really our pre-frontal cortex) must be confronted and while it cannot be ever be conquered it must be recognized it is there and one must be mindful of it, just as if you were locked with a Lion in a cage, you cannot ever really turn your back on it.

We are born with the key to escape our own prison, when we are children we use it often to escape our prison and play outside to our hearts content, eventually though society convinces us that is not wise to use our key because of what others may think and use it less and less, as the years go by we believe hear this and we begin to believe the key is possessed by others/society , but the truth is we hold the key the whole time.

It is never too late to become free.

mdivljina, Strm, Dignium and 13 others like this.
  9. PizzaOnTheRoof

PizzaOnTheRoof 1% Better Every Day Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,871
    It's no coincidence that depression and suicide rates (especially in teen girls) have risen in conjunction with social media.

Social media and Hollywood have severely skewed the minds of most young people. We're unconsciously programmed to expect a happy ending, that once we graduate high school we'll automatically become buff and attractive and all of our "enemies" will be destroyed.

We're the superhero of our own movie, but only an extra in everyone else's.

Not to mention the CONSTANT never-ending stimulus on tap from social media and smartphones. Kids think it's boring to just go outside and play in the dirt...smh

Dignium, Bradley R, ZF Lee and 2 others like this.
  10. MHP368

MHP368 the man, the myth, the Pseudo-Apollodorus Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,446
    Or as thoreau put it "lives of quiet desperation"

I wonder how that feeling expresses itself in a culture where endless reincarnation is taken as the basic accepted bigger picture like india?

Actually maybe thats more depressing lol

Dameron, ZF Lee, Xeon and 1 other person like this.
  11. Brian Suh

Brian Suh Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,058
    My goal is to make a book discussing how depression isn’t a brain chemical imbalance but it’s bexause your literal god damn soul is being pulled apart by society and outside influences. Once you have your soul intact and firm, life is an endless adventure where your filled with gratitude and joy. I’ve been on two sides of the coin and it is the difference between swimming in a shallow pool with piss and poop and swimming in a clear turquoise water lake filled with surges of waves and currents that makes it a blast to swim while challenging and stimulating. Life is all about perspective.

12. LinorCG

LinorCG Business Building Warrior Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,249
    That's sad.

But I bet more people outside will be agreeing with it instead of opposing it.

Post it beside a positive and inspiring message and this will get more likes than the positive one.

Getting and staying positive is hard work and every now and then people fall off the course, some can come back faster than others but sadly, most never comes back at all.

Andy Black likes this.
  13. Timmy C

Timmy C I Will Not Stop! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,204
    Tough to read.

MiLeung and Isaac Oh like this.
  14. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,697
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mdivljina, Strm, Mckenzie and 9 others like this.
  15. Kennypaul

Kennypaul Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,088
    No time to feel sorry for myself.The grinding continues!.

mdivljina and Ernman like this.
  16. MiloszR

MiloszR New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $89
    upload_2019-4-12_16-7-47.png

Wolfman, Kak, B. Cole and 2 others like this.
  17. Not_Nat

Not_Nat New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $16
    It looks like someone has been spending too much time on social media. Facebook will do this to you.

Ernman likes this.
  18. Charnell

Charnell Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,027
    So most of the time when I'm doing work I'll have YouTube videos playing with documentaries, music, cooking shows, whatever. One day I went down a rabbit hole and there's a whole subsect/micro-community of millennials called Doomers, 30-Year-Old Boomers, Bloomers, etc.

This looks like a Doomer profile. Basically given up hope on everything and drudges through life loathing everything around them and being a general loser. Sleeping until whenever, have a dead end job, spends the night playing video games alone, going on walks alone smoking ciggys, wearing dark clothing, on the verge of suicide but wont do it because they think no one will go to their funeral.

You watch these videos and read the comments, and it's just depressing.

19. GrandRub

GrandRub Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $101
    ahhh the internet... a crazy subculture for everyone on the planet.

Dignium and Ernman like this.
  20. Invictus

Invictus Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,642
    This attitude just...infuriates me.

If you think that life is misery and terrible, why not give your free time to a soup kitchen or volunteer somewhere?

"There is no magical third act where I'm the star in some fantasy adventure."

You could be a star (or at least a big character). Give your time to help the homeless, or dogs, or children and you will be one of those saviors.

I'm not even saying "Oh, grind and you can achieve so much."!

If you've already decided that you won't 'achieve' anything in life or that it's impossible to without luck/connections, fine. Since your life is misery and pointless anyway, give it to a cause that helps others.

21. Silverfox148

Silverfox148 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $767
    I would caution knee jerk judgement on these guys, it's easy to dismiss them as lazy, useless, entitled, etc.

I used to think the same as I moved out of my parents home at 18 to go to university , I had grown up in a very rural area and didn't really have any of the tools to be successful my only advantage was perseverance and luck but mostly not giving up I achieved most my goals at the time against all odds, given I had come to the U.S. at the age of 8 not knowing one F*cking word of English, I slept under a crib as a child as my parents could only afford to heat one room of the trailer house, and we all slept there. This was an upgrade from my home country as we had it even worse there now that I think about it. We were really poor, used to pick up cans for school supplies.

I used to judge these guys also as lazy looking at it from my POV, but now that I have kids I realize it's not really their fault, it's really on the parents. When you grow up without any challenges or suffering you don't learn any perseverance, you don't build any character, you are unwilling to bash your head against the wall to meet your task, you are in an artificial environment a bubble. When these guys get out into their world, they can't find meaning to it because they have been living a big artificial lie and they get into a depressive state. These types of people will only grow in numbers, when you take a look at all the F*cking cupcakes that are being raised any weak parents who don't want them to feel uncomfortable because it "hurts" their self esteem, it's going to be something never before seen in human history.

22. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,726
    Admin Post
    That's because Hollywood has trained their minds to think superhero status is an EVENT, not a PROCESS.

Batman became Batman doing a couple of pull-ups in a subterranean cave.
    Spiderman became Spiderman getting bit by a spider.
    Rey became an all powerful Jedi by finding a lightsaber.

No process, all short events that took hours, at most days.

People aren't willing to endure months or years, but only hours and days.

+1

GPM, Mckenzie, Roli and 10 others like this.
  23. PizzaOnTheRoof

PizzaOnTheRoof 1% Better Every Day Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,871
    I agree 100%.

If there was one thing I could change about my childhood, I would want MORE struggle, MORE challenges, MORE competitiveness. My parents never pushed me to join a sport/club, or to get a car/job. They raised me to be a cupcake.

I suffer from a disease called average...still searching for a cure...

Dignium, ZF Lee, SMH and 2 others like this.
  24. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,697
    I was the opposite. My parents tried to get me to do stuff but I didn't want to. I feel bad because I was being a little s**t and am still kinda am.

I'm a very stubborn individual.

Whenever my parents push me to do something I go against them but if it's something I really want to do then yeah I'll go for it.

I like to do things on my own and figure things out by myself.

Kennypaul, Ernman and GrandRub like this.
  25. NovaAria

NovaAria Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $442
    I recommended TFM to several of my friends, even went out of my way to personally give a copy to one of them.
    None of them bothered opening it yet, despite seeing the kind of changes I went through after reading it and everyone commending me for it.

Maybe once they see my millions and tell me for the millionth time how lucky I was, and me reminding them of the book, they might actually read it.
    Maybe.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.