The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Online Safe Platform

Hugo

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 18, 2012
Hello everyone.

I read MJ's book 5 months ago. My mind was so blew out that I decided to find an idea and work for it.
But with vacation and studies, the project was stopped since 4 months. After thinking a lot about it, I'm ready to continue, but I'm asking myself if the project is really interesting, and if it will interest people.
Here you come. It will be a great pleasure and a stimulating thing if I have your feedback. I'm not afraid to heard "it su***" or "forget about that". If you have any ideas to provide it would be wonderful.
My roadmap is clear but I don't want to create something to nobody, or useless.

The concept is that today we are in an online-based society. We all heard about new e-things every day. But we still have the need to protect things, like bills, contracts or personals things like photo of your son birthday, the video of his first steps. Because you can't loose such things, you need to stock this. And this is the purpose of the website. An online safe box (online vault), using high security technologies to protect your stuff. It can be seen as a place where you keep critical documents but you also make a good thing for planet by saving papers and tress. Moreover, you can't loose important papers and you don't have to search a paper for hours.

The interface is like a file-browser, where you can import, export documents, etc.

What is done :
  • Design (without the file management)
  • User management (almost done)

The monetize part : you rent an online safe, every month.

It's up to you. I can't wait for your reviews. Thanks by advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NaPal

Done > Perfect
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 16, 2012
USA
good proposition, although what is different between your site and plain old cloud storage?

I would think one could encrypt their data and have it secure in today's standards, in the cloud.

Since you say bills and contracts, the user is going to have to scan and upload all data. Something interesting would be if your site can be automatically set up to bills/contracts for the consumer.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
An online safe box (online vault), using high security technologies to protect your stuff. It can be seen as a place where you keep critical documents

My main concern would be a HUGE liability risk, you have be 120% sure that none of that information would leak. Even multi-billion dollar companies like Sony and even government sites get hacked by these super-hackers, the worst thing that happens when a big site leaks, a bunch of peoples credit card numbers get stolen, if your site leaks, thousands of peoples lives could be ruined

I wouldn't do it, you are painting a massive target on your back for these guys to go after and you will never get a day of rest, you will always have to be improving and advancing your security measures to keep up with hackers technology/strategies

In the end, some things are best kept off of the internet and stowed away in a safe, that's my opinon

Hugo

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 18, 2012
Thanks for your advises.
I doesn't see this like that. But you're true, I don't think most people are ready to completly trust computers for such critical things.
In respond to NaPal, the main difference is the critical part. Without this, it's just a dropbox like
You save me month of useless work. I was not sure of how good my idea was, but now I know.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.