The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

On the road

Chuferd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 5, 2011
Indianapolis
I was just offered $50,000 for one of my domain names (first offer). I wandered onto this road as a drifter just 5 months ago. I am far from the fast lane but I want to make one thing clear to all who view this forum. The message that Mr. De Marco has been kind enough to share with us is really a spiritual message. It is like the shrewd merchant in the parable. He left 1 coin to each of three servants and asked them to invest. The first came back with ten coins and was given reign over ten cities. Second one 5 coins, got 5 cities, the third one said "I know that you are a shrewd man and you reap where you do not sow, therefore I hid your coin and here it is at which point he was stripped of the coin and sent away! We must use our brains to do exactly what Mr. De Marco suggests, which is use it or lose it. I turned my wasted spare time into a nose to the grindstone quest for freedom and although I'm still thumbing it, I'm on that road!

A personal thank you to Mr. De Marco for opening my eyes to the possibilities!

P.S. Anyone else have a bid for Thriftqueen.com? I'm not taking the first bid. Or perhaps you would be interested in Uptrendpicks.com? I have these and a few more!

Brad:hurray:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Do you honestly think someone else is going to give you more than 50k? Are you that naive?

Max Power

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 2, 2012
I'll third that. You are fortunate to have someone that wants that domain very bad. Don't give them a chance to backout or find a new domain. It is pretty rare that you find someone that wants a domain that bad and has the money to pay for it. Take the money and run. Don't get too greedy or you will end up with nothing for it.

Max Power

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 2, 2012
You are also aware that there are lots of scams surrounding domain buying/selling correct? For example, the buyer will ask you to pay or split the fees to have an appraisal done. Chances are he owns the appraisal service. Or he will recommend you use an escrow service and recommend one which is a fake. Watch yourself out there. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
To 2nd the above, be careful, selling a domain for a "to good to be true" price is often a red flag for a scam.

Chuferd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 5, 2011
Indianapolis
I'm not transferring anything to anyone yet. I paid 39 dollars for my own appraisal which is pending. I look at it like this if i get 500 out of it I made a large percentage profit. I am more pleased just to have pulled something out of thin air that holds potential value in the marketplace. by the way the person who bid is the president of a site called domainhostingshop.com.au in Sydney, Australia. I will be in contact with him via phone on Monday (for him) Sunday for me in America. As I said, I just like the fact that process is evident in my life now, former wasted hours are filled with education. For example I learned about Powershares Ultrapro S&P 500 short fund (SPXU). At the peak of the Lehman Bros. collapse and subsequent market meltdown, this fund was $80 per share. as of fridays close it is at $10.62. This is an inverse fund so when S&P goes up, it goes down and vice versa. It is lower than ever before and I have 20000 dollars waiting to go in at 9 per and just wait for europe implosion or Iran attack.

So it's not about one offer for one domain, it's about the process I'm engaged in.

Thanks for your responses and thank you for the warnings they have been heeded.

Brad

Chuferd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 5, 2011
Indianapolis
You were correct. It was a scam to get you to pay for a high dollar appraisal. You guys are smart. I knew it was too good to be true. Back to the grindstone. Thanks again.:nono:

Chuferd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 5, 2011
Indianapolis
Scam used a legitimate site and email address from Australia. but domain_hosting_shop. Real email had no dashes and fonts were all different in emails. That was another red flag that my rose colored glasses overlooked at first.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
You were correct. It was a scam to get you to pay for a high dollar appraisal. You guys are smart. I knew it was too good to be true. Back to the grindstone. Thanks again.

You live you learn. I thought they stopped with this in 2005, apparently it's still going. Next time google the subject line, sender name or part of the content of the email or offer to see if anyone else got the same thing :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.