The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Official Intro: My Journey so Far $10K/mo to $0

anubistar

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 29, 2020
melbourne
Hey guys,

I thought I'd introduce myself after recently joining and lurking through the forum boards.

I'm David, 30-yr from Australia, and currently freelance in a marketing agency in the healthcare space - I do the PPC for private practices for the last couple of years but have hit that magical number of $10K a month but haven't been able to sustain it consistently.

It's been a hell of a journey so far and I'm at the 4-year mark - have had lots of previous failed businesses and as things were looking upwards until COVID came and wiped me back to $0. But it actually has been a blessing in disguise because it's allowed me to start fresh and create a little freedom business with less moving pieces.

Before all of this though, I use to be a barista at a cafe... until 1 day I decided wtf am I doing so I walked next door to a distributor selling gifts, and asked them what I could sell online. They recommended to sell an inflatable couch... so I threw it up on facebook ads (in 2016) and the sales started coming in and had my first online sale (then I was hooked). I knew it would pop off because it was towards the festival punters for the 3-day music thingos and I was right. At the time I didn't know what a pixel was haha.

Then I thought, lets give this thing called Google Ads a go... I tried it with the dog grooming keyword in my area and was taking the call and passing them along to an actual business hoping that after a few leads I would be able to charge them $300/mo... Didn't work out - didn't know how to sell... Eventually just picked up the phone and cold called and had about 8-10 clients but had no idea how to manage these clients and then slowly clients fizzled out.

Fast forward I'm running PPC for practices across Australia but they have all pulled advertising costs and it's a huge education process that just drains my time and sales is just like pushing a boulder up the hill (charging $2K/mo for G Ads, and Facebook Ads)... Since Covid I thought, well... what's the lowest cost marketing you can do that has the MOST impact for a business? And I think it is getting reviews and reputation management. And it's being going okay - I've got 4 clients at $150/mo and its much easier sell and requires a bit of a set up but it runs itself after clients actually make a habit of using it.

Wish me luck and hope to contribute as much as I can!!

Cheers guy!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...