The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Number of SEO Keywords to go after

Marketing, social media, advertising

SGBoise

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jan 21, 2014
I'm looking at some advice on going after some keywords. I finished my keyword research and have about 50 keywords.

I'm just curious how many keywords to do you try to go after? Just one, or maybe top 5?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sydants

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 28, 2014
Melbourne
Start by targeting the largest keyword that you have determined to have the least competition, then work your way down the list. A small tip if you're targeting multiple keywords is to have things like:

Heading 1

Heading 2

Heading 3

And the heading would relate to each keyword. My advice would be to do this for the smaller fish keywords that have not much competition.

If SEO is your only marketing method then target all 50, 50 isn't that much. Go use a tool like SEMRush on your competitors to get a report of what they rank for. If you don't want to pay for the membership there head over to fivver and you should find someone that will create the report for you. You'll find heaps of low hanging fruit keywords to target, that might not seem like much, but when you hit 100 of them you'll be able to see the difference. And the difference is that these keywords are usually not optimized properly so someone without a whole heap of knowledge can work with.

Hope this helps a bit.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
Start by targeting the largest keyword that you have determined to have the least competition
NO! keywords without competition = keywords that don't make money

xaviel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Jul 23, 2012
Canada
Go after the ones that are more likely to bring in clients first. Then work your way down your list.

Also, for your keywords, look at side channels.

For example, if you are selling a weight loss program, obvious (and ULTRA competitive) keywords are "how to loose weight", "weight loss program".

Now step into the mind of your client for a second.

A client looking to loose weight can also search for "ideal body weight for women", "healthy chicken recipes", "best salad recipes"

So go one step beyond the obvious stuff, and you'll get easier to rank keywords that lead to sales.

Quick SEO checklist:

For each keyword, you want to optimize 1 page for it. I cover this here (shameless plug):

The video also has a checklist for quick reference.

You then want to build a private blog network for your site. (Which essentially provides high quality backlinks)

Learn why a private blog network is so effective here:

http://source-wave.com/omega-guide-understanding-link-building-perfection/

Learn how to build one here:

Learn how to setup one here:

(last 2 vids are totally mine)

Let us know how it goes, how this helps!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007