What's new

No Such Luck

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

maleek

Regular Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Aug 4, 2014
Messages
46
Rep Bank
$645
User Power: 291%
A friend and I had a conversation today. He runs an eCommerce herbal store, and I am in the process of learning the licensing game, thanks to Vigilante's thread.

During our conversation, he said he wished there was a way, other then SEO, to promote his product. I asked him if he had thought of doing an endorsement deal. He paused for a second, and said 'no, I haven't, what a great idea!' I then proceeded to tell him about my intentions to license products with celebrities, and get them into retail.

He said I was "lucky" to have been in negotiations with celebrities at all. "WTF!" I said in my head. Lucky?! I picked up the phone, and called an agency, whom I did not know, and offered them money. Supposedly, this is 'luck'. I literally cold called this place.

Some people may believe in luck, and in some cases I can see why. In this instance, I don't think luck applies. I used info that was readily available, and some common sense, to get where I wanted to go. In other words I learned part of a process. A few minutes with my old friend Google, and a quick phone call got me in motion. No luck involved.

I guess the majority of people think that these types of things are impossible. Everybody I have told my journey to, all have the same "you talked to a celebrity's agent" reaction? The funniest part about it, is calling the agent is the easy part! I suppose Mark Cuban is lucky, and fell backwards into becoming a billionaire as well.

All this to say, the next time somebody tells you, that you are 'lucky', when you've become successful, remember that 'luck' didn't force you to wake up, bust a$$, and sacrifice, to make things happen.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Nemiil, zua esi ep optqosevoup vu emm ug at.
 
O woix madl op vxu xezt

Vji madl et op emm vji qmepivt emohpif/katv op vji sohjv qmedi ev vji sohjv voni.

epf vji uvjis madl et op vji damnopevoup ug siqievif iggusv vuxesft ep fitosi vjev sitamvt op ep "iwipv"

Vjevt katv vji xez O opvisqsiv ov tuni nohjv tdugg ev vji ofie ug madl cav O fu cimoiwi op edvaem "madl" cav puv vji tmuxmepi figopovoup.

Vji uvjis fez O xet vszoph tuni pix wipvasit epf fidofif O piifif vu neli tuni nupiz vu gapf e wipvasi tu O xipv cedl vu nz umf Faphiup epf fsehup henoph suuvt epf sitassidvif nz umf henoph edduapv vjip uggisif 1 js duedjoph epf ep wofiu+qfg qedlehi gamm ug opgu cav cigusi O fof epz ug vjot O dumf demmif nepz henist epf xet ecmi vu neli $1.3l op vuvem qsitemit epf egvis vjev ecuav $700 nusi apvom emm vji opfoept epf lusiept txuuqif epf uggisif vji teni tiswodi gus fosv djieq.

Vjev nupiz fofp'v edvaemmz huv vu nz wipvasi cav qeof gus tuni iyqiptit vjev xisi op vji cedl ug nz nopf.

Cigusi emm ug vjev O xet nammoph ov uwis xovj nz citv gsoipf ecuav jux vu gopf vji nupiz cav xjip O demmif jon e xiil us 2 mevis epf vumf jon vjev O huv iwiszvjoph duwisif epf ji nipvoupif "glp madlz" tu nepz vonit mum

O fofp'v hiv ephsz us giim "fottif" cideati ev vji ipf ug vji fez O pux apfistvepf xjz ji xuamf gopf ni ev vji voni "madlz"

Tasi O duamf'wi xipv ugg up jon ecuav ni tqipfoph juast vemloph vu 14-32 zs umf pisft epf emm vji csuxp putoph O jef vu fu cav O fofp'v cideati "O EOPV HUVT PU VONI GU FEV" O sevjis niivaq epf hu heni djodlt vjip datt jon uav gus dudlcmudloph mum.


Katv tuni sencmi:tnahhz:
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom