The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

No Passion or No Patience?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Arsh

Confused Soul
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 5, 2014
Hey guys,

So, I have been trying to get my skills up, as a programmer. However, whenever I get started, it feels like such a daunting task that I give up. Of course, I realize that this is all my mindset and my choices. The thing is that I want to learn how to do it, but for some reason, it doesn't seem manageable. Does me giving up indicate no passion or no patience? Any direction would be grandly appreciated. And of course, if there's anything I can do for you, let me know! :)

Arsh

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Your age/location would have been helpful

Depends how you are learning also

Do small programs that do something, then you will see progress. Theres a lot of websites that help you like this.

Buy an admin theme for bootstrap, and get to work on it. Make the Auth login work. You will see progress.

Camo & Gold

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Nov 28, 2014
Dirty South
It seems like you're trying to sprint through this when you should be walking. Take your time, success doesn't happen over night.

Kreedos Phoenix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Nov 30, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
In my experience, I find if you attach feelings to your goals, they tend to fall by the wayside. Without know your situation intimately, some suggestions would be to really get to the core of why you’re wanting to do what you’re wanting to do.

Take whatever large task you have in front of you and put it on paper. From that point, prioritize what needs to be done first. They say start with the toughest task, but in some situations, you may find it best to start with a few simple tasks to build some momentum and get your head into the game.

But that momentum will be short lived if what you are doing is just based on feeling. Get yourself some solid principles to build upon…then you’ll do what you need to do regardless of feeling. Hope this contributes to easing the pain.

Peace!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Arsh

Confused Soul
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 5, 2014
Thanks folks. Will definitely try your suggestions! Helped me straighten a few things out. Can already envision progress in the near future.
And tafy, I'm 20 years old, living in Vancouver, Canada. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.