The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Web Startup Needs Branding Ideas

Idea threads

BestOffr

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 24, 2015
New York
I have created a website that you can buy and sell using offers. There is no pricing displayed as the seller sets a price they would be happy to get for an item and the buyers submit offers. If the offer is equal or greater than the sellers price the sale is automatically triggered and the transaction takes place.

The issue our startup has run into is branding ourselves in a competitive ecommerce market. We want to standout as a niche for being the only "offer only" ecommerce site. Our target is anyone who does not have the time to look up on how much an item is valued at and would like to list a price they would be fine with. We take the haggling out of the sale by letting our script do the reject/accept offers submitted. To list an item is quick and simple. Offers have instant responses.

The idea of the site is for the buyer and seller to make quick transactions without the interaction of haggling between one another.

Our name is BestOffr. (no e in offer)
Our logo is our name with the "O" having a check in it.
Our tag line is "Everyone loves a great deal!"

With all this being said, we still don't stand out. We would like feedback from a customers point of view on how we could stand out. We want people to be able to relate to us whenever the words "best offr" is used.

We would appreciate any feedback that we can use to define our web startup to anyone who visits our site.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

seojims

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 7, 2015
Florida
I have created a website that you can buy and sell using offers. There is no pricing displayed as the seller sets a price they would be happy to get for an item and the buyers submit offers. If the offer is equal or greater than the sellers price the sale is automatically triggered and the transaction takes place.

The issue our startup has run into is branding ourselves in a competitive ecommerce market. We want to standout as a niche for being the only "offer only" ecommerce site. Our target is anyone who does not have the time to look up on how much an item is valued at and would like to list a price they would be fine with. We take the haggling out of the sale by letting our script do the reject/accept offers submitted. To list an item is quick and simple. Offers have instant responses.

The idea of the site is for the buyer and seller to make quick transactions without the interaction of haggling between one another.

Our name is BestOffr. (no e in offer)
Our logo is our name with the "O" having a check in it.
Our tag line is "Everyone loves a great deal!"

With all this being said, we still don't stand out. We would like feedback from a customers point of view on how we could stand out. We want people to be able to relate to us whenever the words "best offr" is used.

We would appreciate any feedback that we can use to define our web startup to anyone who visits our site.
The problem look to be that you not generating enough traffic to propel your brand forward. What are you doing now in term of getting your brand notice? Are you doing interviews with high bloggers that in your niche to build a following for your brand? And the most important piece to branding a startup would be a good story that resonate with your audience. [link removed by mod]

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

BestOffr

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 24, 2015
New York
The problem look to be that you not generating enough traffic to propel your brand forward. What are you doing now in term of getting your brand notice? Are you doing interviews with high bloggers that in your niche to build a following for your brand? And the most important piece to branding a startup would be a good story that resonate with your audience. Check this out: http://goo.gl/IxYnk0 you see how powerful having a story can do for your brand. And also if you need more help.. I can help you out.

Thanks

Thank you for your feedback. I need help with implementing why we stand out from our competitors. Why would someone want to you use over another eCommerce site based on what I described in the first post.

jason91

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 15, 2015
USA
Thank you for your feedback. I need help with implementing why we stand out from our competitors. Why would someone want to you use over another eCommerce site based on what I described in the first post.
Personally, I don't see this as a branding issue, but a unnecessary website issue.

Many websites have software that allow customers to "negotiate" a price.

The proposition itself in the current marketplace doesn't seem too enticing. I'd feel horrible if I could never buy anything because I kept offering too low. I'd just quit using the website because there isn't any form of pricing at all. Or I might feel ripped off that I offered too high. That could just be me though.

Branding comes into play when you want to associate your company with a position in the market, or overall image.

At the base of your company should be the cake itself. The fulfilling of a need. Branding is the icing that makes the cake look pretty. Without the cake itself, it won't be long till you're out of business!

Are you sure the market needs this? If you are, then by all means start branding!

Branding is mostly psychological, partly artistic. It's based off of how the viewer views objects in their reality, and how they correlate it with their view of your company. Art also has a certain effect on branding, this isn't easy to explain, but everything you see gives a certain feeling when you see it. Look up the effect of colors on humans.

Psychological associations:

Associating your name with Amazon, Ebay, or etc. will add a favorable view towards your company.

Associating your name with Lamborghini will make people think of prestige and quality.

Associating your name with the 99 cents store down the street will be value / cheap.

How do you want to brand your company?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.