The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New to the forum:Out of college and need to be extraordinary

sangmen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 10, 2015
Hi Guys,
I know I posted this thread earlier but I guess it was on the wrong place as I was getting familiar to the forum. So here I am, a new member in the fastlane. I got out of college 3 months back and am 22. I have been surrounded by slowlaners in my life. My parents, friends, and other family members. My family tradition has been this: Go to school-->get good grades-->get a job-->stay in that company for 30 years-->go up the ladder-->before u die live a comfortable life. It had always sounded boring to me right from schooldays, but again I was fed with this. In my previous thread I missed out to mention how I got inspired and think of the other alternative. While I was in my Junior year of college, there was this guy who was a year younger than I am and he started his own IT consulting company at age 14, and he had purchased an Audi A7 with his own money at age 20. I was amazed by this fact and I was a year older than this guy and my parents were in their 50's and they drove a Toyota and Honda. It was then, I decided that I will not follow my parents path. But then I had many setbacks. I had fear. I had inhibitions. It was only when I was nearing graduation I realized that something has to be done in order to make it work. I ran to the nearby bookstore to get some books about personal finance and building wealth. Initially, I read some books of gurus who sold the slowlane. It was only recently I got my hands on the Millionaire Fastlane , and reading that I understood that it is THE BOOK that did give the TRUTH about building wealth. Also another important thing I saw in the book is that the ultimate vehicle for building wealth is ME! So now I am on my laptop, spending time on finding how can I ADD VALUE and how can I solve problems in order to create value. I have seen my parents struggle to make end meet as a kid, like we lived in a one room apartment in the shady part of the city, my parents drove used cars, worked like 60-70 hours a week and saved as much as possible. Only now after 30 years of their hard work they are living a comfortable life. Whenever I approach my parents and present them of travelling the fastlane, they think Im delusional and it will not work becoz they think I am not smart enough and that I cannot do it. Moreover I wasnt very good back in school, but that doesnt mean I dont like to learn. I still have the dream of owning a Ferrari, living in Malibu and being a successful CEO at a young age.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
I have seen my parents struggle to make end meet as a kid, like we lived in a one room apartment in the shady part of the city, my parents drove used cars, worked like 60-70 hours a week and saved as much as possible. Only now after 30 years of their hard work they are living a comfortable life. Whenever I approach my parents and present them of travelling the fastlane, they think Im delusional and it will not work becoz they think I am not smart enough and that I cannot do it. Moreover I wasnt very good back in school, but that doesnt mean I dont like to learn. I still have the dream of owning a Ferrari, living in Malibu and being a successful CEO at a young age.

Welcome buddy!

I came from the same beginnings my friend,

you're on the right path. Just keep working daily, have a solid vision and add value everyday.

The best predictor of success is not the past, but the vision you have for the future and the work you're willing to put in for it.

Someone wise once gave me advice "Do not try to get Million dollar opinions from thousand dollar minds."

Meaning, not everyone will see the way you see it, they don't have the same 'eyes' as you.

Trust in your vision and get to work!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling

sangmen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 10, 2015
Trust in your vision and get to work!

Yes I am in fact on my laptop up at night till 3 am, figuring out and pursuing the different ways I can come up (My Parents think I am working hard for my next CPA exam). This includes learning coding (learning from codecademy), internet browsing (not War of Worlds or other online games n stuff), YouTube has now open with videos about several aspects (sales, marketing, entrepreneurship topics) and of course reading! (Currently the 4 hour workweek). MJ has indeed explained how it is and what it takes to get into the fastlane. My friends are out there in the cinemas, or in pubs or having gaming nights while I am here developing and sharpening myself. My parents, family and friends may chastise and chide me today, thinking I'm up to no good and I am wasting my time because I failed an exam, but tomorrow they will praise me for what I did and I will prove it to them that success can be achieved not only on the Slowlane and I am sure that day will come soon.

jason91

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 15, 2015
USA
Yes I am in fact on my laptop up at night till 3 am, figuring out and pursuing the different ways I can come up (My Parents think I am working hard for my next CPA exam). This includes learning coding (learning from codecademy), internet browsing (not War of Worlds or other online games n stuff), YouTube has now open with videos about several aspects (sales, marketing, entrepreneurship topics) and of course reading! (Currently the 4 hour workweek). MJ has indeed explained how it is and what it takes to get into the fastlane. My friends are out there in the cinemas, or in pubs or having gaming nights while I am here developing and sharpening myself. My parents, family and friends may chastise and chide me today, thinking I'm up to no good and I am wasting my time because I failed an exam, but tomorrow they will praise me for what I did and I will prove it to them that success can be achieved not only on the Slowlane and I am sure that day will come soon.
Hey dude. Loved your post, absolutely can relate to it. Let's get there together - I have some experience w/ web design, development, e-commerce, search engine ranking (SEO), and related areas. I'm assuming you are going to create an online business? Shoot some ideas / tactics back and forth and lets help each other out :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...