Hello there friends,
I am a 21 year old student in business starting a company.
Even though I am in university in business, I don't really know anything about starting your own business since school basically only teaches you to work for others.
I am starting an offline/online commerce. I am importing herbals from Asia and I will sell offline through a marketing network and online all over the world. Right now, I do not need the capital to incorporate myself since it's over 1k, but I heard you can sell/buy things if you register in CAN, which is around 100$ (I'd like a confirmation).
I would also like to know if I need an importation/exportation license right from the start although I will only be importing "small" quantity which will be shipped at my place. I have tried to find out more about this on the gov. website but they made it so complex that I didn't really understand anything...
I've also been told that in Canada, for business whom revenue is under 30k do not pay tax, so I only have to send a facture at first, if I don't want to get busted for tax evasion or other legal issues?
Same thing apply for offline? I plan to "hire" people, that will buy in smaller quantity from me and sell it on the streets, so to be legal, I'd just have to send them a facture and make them sign a "disclaimer" contract?
And finally, I will be importing from Asia from a producer, it comes in a big bag with no-brand on it. I want to rebrand the tea totally. I don't want to sell tea, I want to sell "my company name". So when packaging it, I'd add my logo on it, could I encounter legal issues while doing that?
Thank you, I know it's a lot of questions, but I am fairly overwhelmed by all these rules... Lets be honest, the tax code is about 73k pages, I'm not going to read it all.
Mattster, soon-to-be fastlaner
I am a 21 year old student in business starting a company.
Even though I am in university in business, I don't really know anything about starting your own business since school basically only teaches you to work for others.
I am starting an offline/online commerce. I am importing herbals from Asia and I will sell offline through a marketing network and online all over the world. Right now, I do not need the capital to incorporate myself since it's over 1k, but I heard you can sell/buy things if you register in CAN, which is around 100$ (I'd like a confirmation).
I would also like to know if I need an importation/exportation license right from the start although I will only be importing "small" quantity which will be shipped at my place. I have tried to find out more about this on the gov. website but they made it so complex that I didn't really understand anything...
I've also been told that in Canada, for business whom revenue is under 30k do not pay tax, so I only have to send a facture at first, if I don't want to get busted for tax evasion or other legal issues?
Same thing apply for offline? I plan to "hire" people, that will buy in smaller quantity from me and sell it on the streets, so to be legal, I'd just have to send them a facture and make them sign a "disclaimer" contract?
And finally, I will be importing from Asia from a producer, it comes in a big bag with no-brand on it. I want to rebrand the tea totally. I don't want to sell tea, I want to sell "my company name". So when packaging it, I'd add my logo on it, could I encounter legal issues while doing that?
Thank you, I know it's a lot of questions, but I am fairly overwhelmed by all these rules... Lets be honest, the tax code is about 73k pages, I'm not going to read it all.
Mattster, soon-to-be fastlaner
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
