The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New to entrepreneurship, e-commerce, import/exp legality, registration &license+ rebranding,Canada

Mattster

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 3, 2014
Hello there friends,

I am a 21 year old student in business starting a company.
Even though I am in university in business, I don't really know anything about starting your own business since school basically only teaches you to work for others.

I am starting an offline/online commerce. I am importing herbals from Asia and I will sell offline through a marketing network and online all over the world. Right now, I do not need the capital to incorporate myself since it's over 1k, but I heard you can sell/buy things if you register in CAN, which is around 100$ (I'd like a confirmation).

I would also like to know if I need an importation/exportation license right from the start although I will only be importing "small" quantity which will be shipped at my place. I have tried to find out more about this on the gov. website but they made it so complex that I didn't really understand anything...

I've also been told that in Canada, for business whom revenue is under 30k do not pay tax, so I only have to send a facture at first, if I don't want to get busted for tax evasion or other legal issues?

Same thing apply for offline? I plan to "hire" people, that will buy in smaller quantity from me and sell it on the streets, so to be legal, I'd just have to send them a facture and make them sign a "disclaimer" contract?

And finally, I will be importing from Asia from a producer, it comes in a big bag with no-brand on it. I want to rebrand the tea totally. I don't want to sell tea, I want to sell "my company name". So when packaging it, I'd add my logo on it, could I encounter legal issues while doing that?

Thank you, I know it's a lot of questions, but I am fairly overwhelmed by all these rules... Lets be honest, the tax code is about 73k pages, I'm not going to read it all.

Mattster, soon-to-be fastlaner

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.