The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Member From Toronto/Berlin - Quit Software Sales - Beat Depression - Here to Grind

MarkusLaczko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 5, 2023
Berlin/Toronto
Hey y'all! I quit my BD job in software sales over a year ago to pursue larger opportunities. Been on that journey ever since. I've been trying to figure out what to build etc. I had a bunch of inner emotional/mental stuff to overcome (depression, some stupid self destructive habits) first though before I was able to actually put in work. I've beat depression which is a miracle honestly and want to help other people do the same.

I did competitive elite gymnastics for 10 years. Wanted to perform with Cirque Du Soleil but suffered a back injury in late teens. Hyper driven guy here. I've read a million books. Right now I'm buzzing off the idea of building a future where Depression is like Polio: non-existent. Excited by the idea that right now there's millions of people who're living below their potential and if I can help them, then it means a titanic level of energy, creativity, and productivity will flood back into society. We've still got big problems to solve as a species and we need people to solve them. Stoked to be here!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Right now I'm buzzing off the idea of building a future where Depression is like Polio: non-existent. Excited by the idea that right now there's millions of people who're living below their potential and if I can help them, then it means a titanic level of energy, creativity, and productivity will flood back into society. We've still got big problems to solve as a species and we need people to solve them. Stoked to be here!
Definitely a worthwhile endeavour.

How do you plan to build that future? What are the steps to take it from just an idea to reality?

MarkusLaczko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 5, 2023
Berlin/Toronto
Definitely a worthwhile endeavour.

How do you plan to build that future? What are the steps to take it from just an idea to reality?
Hey LateStarter - thanks for the great questions.

Step 1/ Mass Education - I'm almost done my book. Gonna give it away for free. I've been aggressively researching how the Western Intellectual Tradition developed. My knowledge is insane. Have read literally hundreds of books. I think there are some dogmas that are blinding us which are actually creating some/most of all this depression, anxiety, sky-rocketing SSRI usage, etc. I'm living proof of this. I got off anti-depressants (which never worked and didn't do anything but give me vertigo/nausea/and sexual dysfunction..) and I feel great and it's lasting.
Step 2/ Use all my sales-know to communicate properly to people. It's about them, not me etc.
Step 3/ Actually just help people. Person by person.
Step 4/ Build a Youtube channel,

And lastly just do it. Fall in love with the vision. I think all our greatest entrepreneurs are vision focused. Everybody knows what Elon Musks vision is...It's more about helping the world get where it needs to get to than be obsessively focused with self-aggrandizement etc...

Anyways, tell me more about you? What are you working on? What's exciting you these days? What challenges are you working on?

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Hey LateStarter - thanks for the great questions.

Step 1/ Mass Education - I'm almost done my book. Gonna give it away for free. I've been aggressively researching how the Western Intellectual Tradition developed. My knowledge is insane. Have read literally hundreds of books. I think there are some dogmas that are blinding us which are actually creating some/most of all this depression, anxiety, sky-rocketing SSRI usage, etc. I'm living proof of this. I got off anti-depressants (which never worked and didn't do anything but give me vertigo/nausea/and sexual dysfunction..) and I feel great and it's lasting.
Step 2/ Use all my sales-know to communicate properly to people. It's about them, not me etc.
Step 3/ Actually just help people. Person by person.
Step 4/ Build a Youtube channel,

And lastly just do it. Fall in love with the vision. I think all our greatest entrepreneurs are vision focused. Everybody knows what Elon Musks vision is...It's more about helping the world get where it needs to get to than be obsessively focused with self-aggrandizement etc...

Anyways, tell me more about you? What are you working on? What's exciting you these days? What challenges are you working on?
Congrats on taking some action and writing a book. As MJ can attest, those efforts can often run way longer than your expected timelines. Good for you that you can see the finish line ahead!

I'm not sure that I fully understand your plan (Steps 2, 3 and 'falling in love with the vision') since it's rather vague and light on details. Perhaps you haven't gotten that far yet, in which case that's ok. There's no shame in not knowing. You just need to recognize that you don't yet know how to achieve that and work towards a plan that's sufficiently detailed to be actionable.

For step 4 there are a few people here who have taken similar paths or can provide you with help or guidance. Have a look around and feel free to ask questions. We're all here to support one another.

If I can ask, what led you here? Are you planning to build a business around this or monetize it in some way to help sustain yourself?

As for me, I've primarily been involved in real estate for the past 12 years. I see a big problem with our current housing shortages and would like to build smaller, more affordable, premanufactured houses to help with this issue. There are many challenges with this and I've detailed some of that in a few posts here and there. If I pursue that, it will require a lot of capital to get it to a self-sustaining scale. So, I'm also currently looking for opportunities to create a cash-flowing business to help fund that larger objective. It's all very daunting but what else do I have to do with my time? ;)

But I digress. This is your thread; your journey.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MarkusLaczko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 5, 2023
Berlin/Toronto
Congrats on taking some action and writing a book. As MJ can attest, those efforts can often run way longer than your expected timelines. Good for you that you can see the finish line ahead!

I'm not sure that I fully understand your plan (Steps 2, 3 and 'falling in love with the vision') since it's rather vague and light on details. Perhaps you haven't gotten that far yet, in which case that's ok. There's no shame in not knowing. You just need to recognize that you don't yet know how to achieve that and work towards a plan that's sufficiently detailed to be actionable.

For step 4 there are a few people here who have taken similar paths or can provide you with help or guidance. Have a look around and feel free to ask questions. We're all here to support one another.

If I can ask, what led you here? Are you planning to build a business around this or monetize it in some way to help sustain yourself?

As for me, I've primarily been involved in real estate for the past 12 years. I see a big problem with our current housing shortages and would like to build smaller, more affordable, premanufactured houses to help with this issue. There are many challenges with this and I've detailed some of that in a few posts here and there. If I pursue that, it will require a lot of capital to get it to a self-sustaining scale. So, I'm also currently looking for opportunities to create a cash-flowing business to help fund that larger objective. It's all very daunting but what else do I have to do with my time? ;)

But I digress. This is your thread; your journey.
Hey thanks for the feedback! I'll try and think more about specific actionable steps.

What brought me here is wanting to connect with like-minded individuals and share knowledge. I've learned a lot--especially about sales/inner game stuff and feel I can share value.

I'm planning on monetizing this idea for sure - currently in the process of clarifying my offer, building a youtube channel, etc. I actually have two clients I'm working with for free right now to make sure there's value/I can actually help. Been very useful so far.

Your idea sounds like a big value add. I'm currently living in Berlin and finding an apartment here is a nightmare. Each rental posting gets well over 200 applications. You show up to view the place in huge groups...It's nuts. What are you currently thinking about for a cash-flow business? There's another entrepreneur community I'm a part of and there's a woman there earning $80K per month working in real estate. Def opportunities out there!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...