The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New member from Az..

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Hello all,
I just finished the book a few days ago and have been looking around on the forums here since then reading and trying to take mental notes of whats working for the members here. I do not have anything planned for a fastlane yet and while not in a rush for it I want to start making some progress sooner than later. I am a store manager for a major retailer ($60MM a year sales) and am lucky to have a solid salary but am looking to add more family time to my life having to work 55+ hours a week regularly and when in season 70+ at times. Looking for contacts, ideas, and eventually motivation when its time to take action.

I do have a history with small real estate investing (sold three houses for profit and have bought and split vacant land sold for a profit as well). I have bought and sold classic cars all for a profit fortunately and with no work (buy right and sell right). I am currently 30% invested in the stock market and am earning an average of 3% a year which is not enough obviously and 70% in cash.... I have the capital to get started, now just for the idea ;)

Currently leaning towards importing and retailing online but haven't set anything in stone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
welcome!@ Sounds like you're off to a good start.

One thing I learned about having capital to start is that you want to sock that away into a sacred account you can't touch. Bootstrap it on as little as feasibly possible. If you've got a big chunk of money sitting around with no purpose, you'll tend to waste some portion of it. I wasted around $500 on bullshit at the start. Not much in the grand scheme of things, and it's certainly not a show stopper, but now that I'm wiser I could have put it to much better use.

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
hey welcome to the forum @steelandchrome Yeah seems like you are in a good start. keep reading threads and find those golden nuggets! theres a lot in here!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...