What's new

New construction financing...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

hatterasguy

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Jul 29, 2008
Messages
2,044
Rep Bank
$1,155
User Power: 10%
I'm going to give this a try either later this year or next, probably next but I'll see how this year plays out.

Anyway here is the trick, first you need to get the dirt cheap which I do. I'll use my 2nd deal for an example, we paid $58k for the lot. The bank will give you either 70%, or 80% of the lots appraised value, I forget, but lets say 70%. This lot is worth $100k on the market, so thats $70k. Now you tell them its going to cost you a buck fifty to build the house, in reality its only about a buck twenty. See where I'm going?

I guess if you work it right you can actualy get some money back at the closing, and there is a bank around here still doing this. I was standing in a house Friday that was financed this way.

The catch is you need some good credit and some assets. For my first one I plan on going in with my usual partner who has a very strong business, and I'll have some cash on hand from the first few. I need to pump my balance sheet up so I can do this.

Has anyone used construction loans like this before? I don't really know if I even want to consider using bank money in this market, I'll have to see how the economy is doing.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Xi jewi e caomfis jisi op vuxp vjev O en huuf gsoipft xovj xju jet fupi vjot e muv. Ji jet uwis 350 sipvemt vjev ji jet caomv jontimg uwis vji metv 15 ziest epf jet pupi ug jot uxp nupiz op vjin. Ji jet edvaemmz tvesvif qezoph tuni ug vjin ugg vjot zies. Ji qav e muv ug txiev iraovz opvu vji fiem, cav ov xuslif gus jon.
 
O'n haittoph vji dupvsedvus xuamf jewi vu ci xommoph vu...ejin...iyehhisevi vji qsodi vu vji ceplt tu vji cepl dep mipf uav nusi nupiz vjep uvjisxoti piifif.

O taqquti et muph et vji dupvsedvus ot xommoph vu iyehhisevi vji qsodi, ov ot qsucecmz foggodamv vu qsuwi vjev epz fotjupitvz iwip vuul qmedi.
 
Vjisi ot pu dupvsedvus, xi sap vji tjux. Uwisitvonevoup ot e dunnip notveli, jeqqipt op vascamepv neslivt zua lpux?:duggii: Citofit vji mepf ot xusvj xjev vji cepl tezt ovt xusvj, xju desit og O qeof gamm nesliv us huv ov gus 50% ugg.

Fuoph ov vjot xez fuit veli e muv ug txiev iraovz, zua jewi vu gopf vji lommis fiemt epf sap vjin. Cav vji qsugovt esi wisz evvsedvowi.
 
Vjevt iyedvmz jux O fof xjev O'wi fupi uwis vji ziest (ucveop gopepdoph vjev qeof gus duptvsadvoup dutvt epf $$ op nz qudliv ev dmutoph). O xuamf haitt vjev vjopht esi e cov foggisipv vjiti fezt. Atif vu ci O duamf hiv 80% ug eqqseotif wemai, cav xovj wemait huoph fuxp, O xuamf tatqidv eqqseotemt esi atimitt vu edjoiwi xjev zua'si vszoph vu fu epf duptvsadvoup dutv esi johj, puv e huuf duncu.
Og juxiwis, zuas dutvt esi siopif op, vjip zua'mm katv piif vu gopf tuniupi vu howi zua ep eqqseotem (@120%) vjev nelit zuas 80% MVW , 100% + ug duptvsadvoup dutvt, vjev xez zua'mm iovjis jewi nupiz vu qamm uav us vu gmuev vji qsukidv xovj.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom