The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need some help on research sources...

SaraK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Apr 25, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
What resources do you use to get an good idea of the employment demand in an area where your rental is located? I'm not thinking city-wide so much as in a particular neighborhood.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Chamber of commerce and/or local RE agents? I've never bought out of my area so I already had those answers. Good question though.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Do you have a local RE agent you know. Often times they have contacts in other cities you can get in touch with. I know my agent attends a nationwide conference every year and maintains a list of contacts from around the nation.

Another option (albeit slow and tedious) is to find investors in that area via blogs and forums. Ask them what resources they use locally. They may even have the links on their website or blog.

I'd also take a look at your rental area local newspapers. Often times they have ads linking to real estate resources.

I think Runum has a great idea looking at chamber of commerce, at the very least they may be able to direct you where you want to go.

Anyone have any idea if any web resources have this type of info broken down by neighborhood? (maybe biggerpockets has some links)

SaraK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Apr 25, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Thanks for the suggestions. I am fairly familiar with the neighborhood and think I know what is there but I don't want to make assumptions and would like to find a way to verify what I know and see if I've missed anything.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.