The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need Help Regarding a Programmer Looking for a Sales Partner

maplexxx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Aug 10, 2021
I am a professional programmer with extensive development experience. I have previously developed software that many people use and have also engaged in online marketing. However, my true passion lies in the field of software development.

Recently, I created an AI-based IM software that took me nearly half a year to develop. While I have many new ideas to incorporate, by industry standards, the software is now in a state where it can be sold.

I am looking for a sales partner who can handle all sales-related aspects, expanding the software's customer base. This will allow me to focus on continuous software development and implementing new features.

Where would be an appropriate place to find someone like this?

I feel like this forum is filled with entrepreneurs and sales experts, maybe there are individuals interested in this opportunity, if so please feel free to reply below. I will send you the details of the software for your consideration.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
Honestly without much more context, it will be a very hard sale. (no pun intended)

Is your business generating some revenue now? Can you pay the sale partner?

Have you identified your target customer and tried to reach out to them to see if they would be interested in buying your product?

This is a common problem with tech people in general. We focus too much on the tech and forget marketing, distribution, and sales.

Without sales you don't have a business, you have a beautiful shiny toy that nobody uses. You can have the best tech in the world and it won't matter.

All of this to say, it's going to be tough to find someone willing to jump into this business if they have to do everything from scratch on the selling front. You are going to have to give up equity and quite a lot of it too. Without revenue you won't be able to get someone on board full time as they will have to get another job somewhere to pay the bills.

No saying it's impossible but it will be tough. Good luck.

Timmi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 16, 2023
Write me a DM I am the exact opposite of you. I love sales but I hate all the fullfillment :) maybe you can send me a link or explain the product a little more. Would love to hear from you.

Have 5 years of sales experience in a diffrent field

maplexxx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Aug 10, 2021
Write me a DM I am the exact opposite of you. I love sales but I hate all the fullfillment :) maybe you can send me a link or explain the product a little more. Would love to hear from you.

Have 5 years of sales experience in a diffrent field
Sent a DM already.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maplexxx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Aug 10, 2021
Honestly without much more context, it will be a very hard sale. (no pun intended)

Is your business generating some revenue now? Can you pay the sale partner?

Have you identified your target customer and tried to reach out to them to see if they would be interested in buying your product?

This is a common problem with tech people in general. We focus too much on the tech and forget marketing, distribution, and sales.

Without sales you don't have a business, you have a beautiful shiny toy that nobody uses. You can have the best tech in the world and it won't matter.

All of this to say, it's going to be tough to find someone willing to jump into this business if they have to do everything from scratch on the selling front. You are going to have to give up equity and quite a lot of it too. Without revenue you won't be able to get someone on board full time as they will have to get another job somewhere to pay the bills.

No saying it's impossible but it will be tough. Good luck.
Thank you, you mentioned some very useful information, I will consider it.

NotFexelcraft

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jan 25, 2024
I am a professional programmer with extensive development experience. I have previously developed software that many people use and have also engaged in online marketing. However, my true passion lies in the field of software development.

Recently, I created an AI-based IM software that took me nearly half a year to develop. While I have many new ideas to incorporate, by industry standards, the software is now in a state where it can be sold.

I am looking for a sales partner who can handle all sales-related aspects, expanding the software's customer base. This will allow me to focus on continuous software development and implementing new features.

Where would be an appropriate place to find someone like this?

I feel like this forum is filled with entrepreneurs and sales experts, maybe there are individuals interested in this opportunity, if so please feel free to reply below. I will send you the details of the software for your consideration.
I am not an experienced person but I would like to learn more about online marketing. I have learned theory but not its practical use, if you don't mind that is, could you let me help you? Again I am not experienced. Sorry if it feels like i am trying to make fun of your hard work.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.