About 6 months ago I was approached and asked to help start a dealership. The business had already been chartered and created by the owner. I took a significant pay cut to jump in (I was making 6 figures as a car salesman) but I wanted the experience of starting the business, and I knew it would end up making me more in due time. Initially is was a 60%, pay cut however at this time I'm clearing my previous income. My pay is 20% of gross profits monthly and I suppose the title of vice president is suiting given my responsibilities.
The idea of becoming partner has always been on the table. We intend to open a second location and at that point I am to become partner. I have accepted this and haven't pushed for earlier partnership for few reasons. I was gracious for the opportunity, experience, I also didn't have the bankroll to buy in or much history with the owner.
The current owner will likely low ball me in negotiations for partnership seeking to give as little as possible and get as much as possible. That business I suppose, but I'd like to not get F*cked... How would you proceed?
The idea of becoming partner has always been on the table. We intend to open a second location and at that point I am to become partner. I have accepted this and haven't pushed for earlier partnership for few reasons. I was gracious for the opportunity, experience, I also didn't have the bankroll to buy in or much history with the owner.
The current owner will likely low ball me in negotiations for partnership seeking to give as little as possible and get as much as possible. That business I suppose, but I'd like to not get F*cked... How would you proceed?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
