The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My January Challenge (join me for the next 2 weeks)

Anything related to matters of the mind

AndreiR

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Aug 30, 2017
Toronto, ON, CAN
jan challenge.png

Progress is going well. I left some points vague since I've come to realize context is important when attempting to be consistent. I'm strict on 1 and 2, and for 3-7 I'm aiming for 90%+ adherence. I don't believe in Jerry Seinfeld's 'calendar chain' method, but instead use a monthly calendar hung beside my desk to track my adherence to my habits for the day, and then tabulate them at the end of the month.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndreiR

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Aug 30, 2017
Toronto, ON, CAN
I've successfully completed my January challenge. I didn't drink a drop of alcohol (which I would love to do on weekends with friends) or eat any processed sugar (I'm fit but did this for the self-discipline aspect as well as to reset my sweet tooth).

I even went to church 3 times, which in my case is something I'm getting back into after many years of science and atheism (studied math and physics at the University of Toronto).

I'll definitely be doing another challenge in Feburary - if only to help train my discipline as the stoics do. But I'll be addressing other things, while still juggling the habits I've conquered in January.

If I were to distill the value of this challenge into one sentence - it's this simple 'zen' line that I thought of last night: "Lots of pleasure, little happiness. Little pleasure, lots of happiness". 'Happiness' can be replaced with 'inner peace' or 'bliss'.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.