The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

my investment diversification

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

mako

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 6, 2016
I don't know if this is the right thread for this [feel free to move], it have a bit of my background, some questions, and as writing it and receiving feedback from successful people that have travelled the road before me, knowing I will get some speed to my vehicle...

OK, so I call the title of this thread "investment diversification", as I don't really have much to invest other than my time, knowledge and now a little cash...

Im still in the slowlane, working for others, i make software solutions, now starting soon a very lucrative contract with the gov. Was working before at a startup and saw from upclose the process of raising 2 rounds of 2Mil etc. Worked for marketing and enterprise...

Now, I have 2 products im working into bringing to market. Before i describe the products and the status of each, I just need to do a little unwinding as now im committed to make my product lunch ASAP, start the sales, and subscriptions...

I am/was working, will have to quit this Friday, as a mobile developer, ex team lead, to go to my new job at the gov...
The new job will be a big challenge, new technologies, doing some team lead also, but the pay is so good, that I can found my product development...

I have worked on software product development with overseas developers for clients in Australia and overseas. And have also now 2 years experience with side client products that i do architecture, team lead, project management...

So basically I feel that I can bring my products to life soon...

First another personal thing, I come from the "third world" [been professionally programming for 15 years], now in Sydney for 5 years, I never knew so much opportunity and thought many of the things I have seen others do stuff of Silicon Valley. I was like taking care of a flower in a carpark just trying to grow it in the cracks of the asphalt, and now have been taken to a forest...

Any way, I have this product for IoT [Internet of Things], the solution is for health care, first to be used with aged care and disability services.
Combines off the shelf sensors, cloud services and mobile phones. Big data, AI, voice control...
I am preparing more appropriate presentation for the product to post on the "internet" thread. Just want to keep the description high level here so we can please talk about strategy, and how this thing comes together and gets sold...
The problem this tech solution solves is the expensive and complex care, smart remote monitoring, and collaboration network needed to keep people safe, cheap, and programmable...

So as you can see, I have to work more on the 10,000 feet description, So far in this idea I have invested 20k$ on research of hardware and software platforms to make the solution reliable. Have won little hackatons, and presented in some big hackatons too. Getting feedback and finding technical founders that do put together the other parts of the puzzle to work...

Now, the goal is to have something published in about a month, first iteration of the product... here the question, I have done just a bit of actual client research, like asking possible clients what they need, what is their pain?...
Im preparing a little video to explain what this is, so I can tell them... look for less than $300 on hardware and $30 a month, you can have an AI reminding you about your medications and knowing if you fell down so it can contact your doctor and your son.
The target is really the son/carer, that takes care of the parent or the aged care center... this quickly exposed what I dont have, a quick explanation, and information on what the need is [they don't know this is possible!, is the faster horse dilemma?]

So, im putting together version zero of the healthcare app [freelancers, data sci guy cofounder, API guy cofounder, I do mobile apps/microcontrollers/sensors], and at the same time start getting info about what the people want?, I have lots of data on possible competitors, and what they are offering, off course I think there is 10X value on my proposition, but I will have to build it to prove it...

Now second product!
Is more to help my sister, she was a very known actress in south America, and have hundreds of thousands of followers on social networks, and knows other people that could expose this product to more people...
Basically we will use some digital marketing, drop shipping/ bulk buying/importing, repackaging, so she prepares videos teaching how to make up, doing reviews, showing duplicate alternatives to "TV" grade cosmetics...
This is a market that I have seen also in the startup I work at, done with some similar segment, but in Australia, the idea is to do it in US with latin girls, this is already done, but I think the exposure to all this followers can be beneficial to sell some things.

Now the same question. Im putting together with some freelancers the woocomerce site... so the question, Shall we prepare questionnaires to the followers asking them what tutorials they want to see?, or just start creating video tutorials and start pushing different make up/ hair products?

OK, thanks,
so this is my status!
working on the products, getting the platform ready, and wanting to find where to deploy the ships so we start following the currents to the fastlane :p

Oh I wish it was so easy hehe, Im also working on my main job, finishing side projects I had with clients, and closing this side projects so i can finish that side thing to open my own gig first part of my time, full time for the freelancers and hopefully make it full time soon as I go from
User 1 , 10, 100 , 1000 ... :]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.