The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Intro

jessicabirbari

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 14, 2024
Hello! I'm a young architect who recently completed college only to realize that the traditional 9-5 job isn't what I envision for my future. From a young age, I've yearned for financial freedom, and now, more than ever, it's become a burning desire. I aim to establish a steady stream of income not just for myself, but also for my family. Transitioning from the structured environment of academia to the hustle of the real world has intensified this longing for independence amidst the rat race.

I was first introduced to the concept of the Fastlane through an incredible video on YouTube. I purchased the book last week already hooked! I cannot stop reading it! I found the read to be immensely valuable! One particular idea that resonated deeply with me was MJ's discussion about the Slowlane and the flawed notion of "passion." Follow your passion and money will follow. MJ described it as a feedback loop, you only have passion if others have passion in your business.

In terms of my education, I opted for architecture because I have a passion for math, designing, and solving problems. Additionally, it was widely regarded as a secure career path by many. I was even swayed by others boasting of individuals earning six-figure salaries while working only 10-15 hours a week. As someone who loves real estate and the idea of financial freedom, this seemed like the perfect fit for me. However, that is not what it was at all. 40 or more hours with no freedom to design, be creative, no others ways to make me more money.

When I observe others with expensive possessions or witness someone who is affluent, my reaction tends to be one who excited and knowing I can get there too. I find myself questioning why I haven't achieved similar success. However, after reading the book, I now understand that most people only see the end result and not the effort and dedication that went into achieving it.

Anyway, perhaps this wasn't exactly a "brief" introduction, but I'm eager to engage with the forum's posts! Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Jessica

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Gigantic_brain

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 1, 2022
United States
Hello! I'm a young architect who recently completed college only to realize that the traditional 9-5 job isn't what I envision for my future. From a young age, I've yearned for financial freedom, and now, more than ever, it's become a burning desire. I aim to establish a steady stream of income not just for myself, but also for my family. Transitioning from the structured environment of academia to the hustle of the real world has intensified this longing for independence amidst the rat race.

I was first introduced to the concept of the Fastlane through an incredible video on YouTube. I purchased the book last week already hooked! I cannot stop reading it! I found the read to be immensely valuable! One particular idea that resonated deeply with me was MJ's discussion about the Slowlane and the flawed notion of "passion." Follow your passion and money will follow. MJ described it as a feedback loop, you only have passion if others have passion in your business.

In terms of my education, I opted for architecture because I have a passion for math, designing, and solving problems. Additionally, it was widely regarded as a secure career path by many. I was even swayed by others boasting of individuals earning six-figure salaries while working only 10-15 hours a week. As someone who loves real estate and the idea of financial freedom, this seemed like the perfect fit for me. However, that is not what it was at all. 40 or more hours with no freedom to design, be creative, no others ways to make me more money.

When I observe others with expensive possessions or witness someone who is affluent, my reaction tends to be one who excited and knowing I can get there too. I find myself questioning why I haven't achieved similar success. However, after reading the book, I now understand that most people only see the end result and not the effort and dedication that went into achieving it.

Anyway, perhaps this wasn't exactly a "brief" introduction, but I'm eager to engage with the forum's posts! Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Jessica
Congrats on making the transition! As someone in college right now I am wondering what your opinion is about the advice was given to you. Good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...