So I am a new member but I have some ideas already in terms of starting some eCommerce sites.
First of all, I have about 5 or 6 different product ideas for different sites. I think I have decided on my first one, it is a small clothing item that will sell in the $20 to $30 range per item.
I have a buddy that does web hosting and design, total cost for the first year for a site through him is about $650 which seems quite reasonable to me. He also does SEO, which would be extra every couple of months.
So my first stumbling block seems to be where to find suppliers. I have found some stuff on alibaba.com but I don't know much more in terms of possible ways to find suppliers. There are some existing US manufacturers that I would eventually try to get their products in stock but I think that initially my best bet would be to have them sourced from over seas at a cheaper price. Also, am I correct in my understanding when I see someone saying that they offer OEM, that means they will put your brand or logo on the item tag?
My initial plan at this time is to get some samples or some small amount of starting inventory and sell it locally on forums and via other methods that I know they will sell on. The path would hopefully let me re-up a few times in a row and get to a point where funds allow for inventory to grow and other forms of marketing and sales are feasible. I think for the first few months to a year, I would handle the shipping myself if my sources were overseas, and then possibly move to some kind of shipping warehouse from there. I don't mind the idea of drop shipping but I don't know how feasible that is from Chinese factories.
From there my plan would be to expand to some of my other product ideas, eventually having multiple sites open and running. Thoughts?
First of all, I have about 5 or 6 different product ideas for different sites. I think I have decided on my first one, it is a small clothing item that will sell in the $20 to $30 range per item.
I have a buddy that does web hosting and design, total cost for the first year for a site through him is about $650 which seems quite reasonable to me. He also does SEO, which would be extra every couple of months.
So my first stumbling block seems to be where to find suppliers. I have found some stuff on alibaba.com but I don't know much more in terms of possible ways to find suppliers. There are some existing US manufacturers that I would eventually try to get their products in stock but I think that initially my best bet would be to have them sourced from over seas at a cheaper price. Also, am I correct in my understanding when I see someone saying that they offer OEM, that means they will put your brand or logo on the item tag?
My initial plan at this time is to get some samples or some small amount of starting inventory and sell it locally on forums and via other methods that I know they will sell on. The path would hopefully let me re-up a few times in a row and get to a point where funds allow for inventory to grow and other forms of marketing and sales are feasible. I think for the first few months to a year, I would handle the shipping myself if my sources were overseas, and then possibly move to some kind of shipping warehouse from there. I don't mind the idea of drop shipping but I don't know how feasible that is from Chinese factories.
From there my plan would be to expand to some of my other product ideas, eventually having multiple sites open and running. Thoughts?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
