I logged in order to reply to some PMs and I've thought to share something with you guys ...
Many people asked me why do I spend $50 - $100 - $200 on a journal.
Why do I buy a Moleskin or a custom leather one when I could buy a journal from any shop for $10?
It's still a journal right? It's still just a book with blank pages.
My answer is always the same -
"Yes. The pages are blank. But once the journal is filled, it may be worth a few million dollars. It's a intimate snapshot of my thoughts, feelings, ambitions, fears, frustrations. It's the most trusted friend you can get when things go wrong. The only friend that always gives you the right answers.
And such a friend must always come in the best form and shape available. It's not about how it looks. Chances are that no one will ever see it. It's about what kind of realizations it can help you have.
It's when one morning you come up with a great idea. You open your diary / journal and you not it down. The more you write, the easier you find it to take shape in reality.
Can an $1000 iPhone do that? I doubt Siri will help me in the same way.
Can a $2500 laptop do that? It's just a tool.
But a good quality journal, one you can keep in your hand, one you keep in your suitcase / backpack and never leaves your side is more helpful than anything else".
So what kind of journal do you have?
How do you treat it? Do you write once in a month? Do you write down every thought and idea you have?
In my case, I write two to three times a day. And it solved some of my biggest problems because it allowed me to order my thoughts and focus on a solution.
That's something I've never achieved using an online Journal (I've tried Penzu, Google Docs, Evernote). You need to actually feel the paper in your hands, you need to watch every word being written and you need to take a look afterwards and realize that the solution was just a few words away.
I can't say the same though about golden pens. I use a $5 pen and I'm satisfied with it. I think about investing in a gold plated pen, but I tend to "chop" every pen I have with my teeth. So, as long as every pen I have eventually degrades, I don't want to invest into something very expensive.
Last thought ...
If you don't have a journal / diary or however you want to call it, buy one. It's one of those basic things you need and which will make the most difference in the world. Don't buy the most expensive ones, but keep in mind that it will be the guardian of your thoughts.
And just like you buy a good suit to make you look good, you should have a good journal to make your thoughts look good too, right?
Razvan
Many people asked me why do I spend $50 - $100 - $200 on a journal.
Why do I buy a Moleskin or a custom leather one when I could buy a journal from any shop for $10?
It's still a journal right? It's still just a book with blank pages.
My answer is always the same -
"Yes. The pages are blank. But once the journal is filled, it may be worth a few million dollars. It's a intimate snapshot of my thoughts, feelings, ambitions, fears, frustrations. It's the most trusted friend you can get when things go wrong. The only friend that always gives you the right answers.
And such a friend must always come in the best form and shape available. It's not about how it looks. Chances are that no one will ever see it. It's about what kind of realizations it can help you have.
It's when one morning you come up with a great idea. You open your diary / journal and you not it down. The more you write, the easier you find it to take shape in reality.
Can an $1000 iPhone do that? I doubt Siri will help me in the same way.
Can a $2500 laptop do that? It's just a tool.
But a good quality journal, one you can keep in your hand, one you keep in your suitcase / backpack and never leaves your side is more helpful than anything else".
So what kind of journal do you have?
How do you treat it? Do you write once in a month? Do you write down every thought and idea you have?
In my case, I write two to three times a day. And it solved some of my biggest problems because it allowed me to order my thoughts and focus on a solution.
That's something I've never achieved using an online Journal (I've tried Penzu, Google Docs, Evernote). You need to actually feel the paper in your hands, you need to watch every word being written and you need to take a look afterwards and realize that the solution was just a few words away.
I can't say the same though about golden pens. I use a $5 pen and I'm satisfied with it. I think about investing in a gold plated pen, but I tend to "chop" every pen I have with my teeth. So, as long as every pen I have eventually degrades, I don't want to invest into something very expensive.
Last thought ...
If you don't have a journal / diary or however you want to call it, buy one. It's one of those basic things you need and which will make the most difference in the world. Don't buy the most expensive ones, but keep in mind that it will be the guardian of your thoughts.
And just like you buy a good suit to make you look good, you should have a good journal to make your thoughts look good too, right?
Razvan
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
