The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MSM or Corporate Media?

ShepardHumphries

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 5, 2020
I had often used the term Main Stream Media." Recently, in listening to Michael Malice, I have decided I am participating in "their" propaganda by using it.

Michael challenges, "Are the ideas expressed mainstream? Of course not." 80% or more people generally agree about most stuff . THEY are mainstream. The Corporate Media and their useful idiots on the other hand, are ridiculous and have a very biased agenda. These fringe political radicals would certainly like their crazy ideas to be considered "mainstream" but most of your neighbors with IQ's over 95 don't really agree unless perhaps they virtue signal agreement.

Anyway, I think Michael makes a good point, so I now refer to the press/media branch of The Cathedral as either Corporate Press or Corporate Media. Just a thought. :)

1637761051105.png
1637761134454.png

*Yes, I know that I might sound like a conspiracy kook, but I know that conspiracies do not exist, so don't call me that. lol

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
I had often used the term Main Stream Media." Recently, in listening to Michael Malice, I have decided I am participating in "their" propaganda by using it.

Michael challenges, "Are the ideas expressed mainstream? Of course not." 80% or more people generally agree about most stuff . THEY are mainstream. The Corporate Media and their useful idiots on the other hand, are ridiculous and have a very biased agenda. These fringe political radicals would certainly like their crazy ideas to be considered "mainstream" but most of your neighbors with IQ's over 95 don't really agree unless perhaps they virtue signal agreement.

Anyway, I think Michael makes a good point, so I now refer to the press/media branch of The Cathedral as either Corporate Press or Corporate Media. Just a thought. :)

View attachment 40899
View attachment 40900

*Yes, I know that I might sound like a conspiracy kook, but I know that conspiracies do not exist, so don't call me that. lol
Anytime someone has a contrasting piece of information that goes against the traditional ways of thinking, in terms of our programmed preconceptions, you will be labeled as such. What if humans would dare to have an open mind to new pieces of information? But I guess it's easy to go with the flow. Easier to be a bird than to be an eagle.

Like what if the earth is actually flat, and not round as everyone wants you to believe?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Your chart above is missing Netflix which now holds incredible power.

That said, I agree that's its corporate media ... it only becomes mainstream because you can't get it out of your life if you have any desire to participate in culture. I don't need Apple *news* dinging my smartphone with some Washington Post or CNN propaganda. That state of the world is in such disrepair that there are actually human beings that believe these are legitimate news organizations with journalistic principles.

There are very few journalists any longer, only partisan operatives.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

I used to think along the same lines but from a game theory perspective in makes sense to engage in conspiracies. The closer you get to the power structure the more tempting it is to be dishonest or abusive to maximize or maintain power and profit. Saying there are no conspiracies is like saying there is no such thing as unethical or dishonest people.

And as you can see this element has reached the media where their monopolistic corporation has pretended to be a utility company of truthful information. As we know these entities are far from honest.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.