The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Moving to an online shop

Moneymakermitch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Nov 12, 2013
Here's where I'm at and what my vision is.

I currently work for a small buisness that does about $500 000 a year. Heaviest months being OCT-JAN. We do good and have a big market to sell too but don't have a fully functional online shop. We have a facebook page with updates on new stock and a website that says the stores hours with the brands we carry but no online shopping cart site.. Now I'm not the owner but I see an opportunity to approach the owner and tell him "put aside the products that you want to see gone, I'll run and operate an online store and in return I'll get 25% and you'll get 75%. We have enough units of product in the store that if we sold each unit for $1 we would have $100 000+. That's how much product we have..

What do you guys think about that proposal?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
whats your experience?
whats the competition like?
who creates the store?
who does the marketing?
who pays for marketing?
can your margins sustain paid advertising?
will you get fired if you lose his money?

25% of what?
he wont do revenue so must be profits. and to make profits in ecommerce these days you need to know your shit.

so, sure, propose it. just dont expect to make a ton of money with it. see it as a paid learning experience if he agrees.

if he does agree start stupid simple. shopify shop with paypal payments & buy traffic through a google shopping campaign. set up analytics ecommerce tracking down to product level. you dont need more to start.

if your inventory has a lot of brand names there are ways to bid higher for those branded keywords on google shopping and make it very profitable. you can outperform almost any competitor like this if your prices and products are at least half decent.

I see people fail with this daily. some take my advice fully and their shop gets profitable. most dont.

Moneymakermitch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Nov 12, 2013
whats your experience?
whats the competition like?
who creates the store?
who does the marketing?
who pays for marketing?
can your margins sustain paid advertising?
will you get fired if you lose his money?

25% of what?
he wont do revenue so must be profits. and to make profits in ecommerce these days you need to know your shit.

so, sure, propose it. just dont expect to make a ton of money with it. see it as a paid learning experience if he agrees.

if he does agree start stupid simple. shopify shop with paypal payments & buy traffic through a google shopping campaign. set up analytics ecommerce tracking down to product level. you dont need more to start.

if your inventory has a lot of brand names there are ways to bid higher for those branded keywords on google shopping and make it very profitable. you can outperform almost any competitor like this if your prices and products are at least half decent.

I see people fail with this daily. some take my advice fully and their shop gets profitable. most dont.

The competition is mild to medium. No other company handles buisness the same way we do as we expand what most companies do.

He is the store owner. I would be the online store admin.

I would do the marketing and pay for any marketing.

He would not be putting any money into it besides giving me 25% of the online stores profits.

I understand what your saying. I wasn't expecting it to be a quick payday but more so a second income while already at work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
if you pay for the advertising, dont do it. rather invest the money into building your own product.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.