triple J
New Contributor
I know owning rental properties in an LLC has been discussed before in another post http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/showthread.php?t=675 and I had some questions that I thought I could re post and possibly get answered. Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse!
Diane says...
My main question is about transfering the properties without triggering the due on sale clause. What's the best way to handle that?
Diane says...
I ALWAYS buy with LLCs. Period. Put it this way - the first black mold case in Dallas, TX settled for $125 million. My umbrella policy isn't that big. I'm not sure anyone's umbrella policy is that big.
My main question is about transfering the properties without triggering the due on sale clause. What's the best way to handle that?
We know it is very difficult to get loans in an LLC if you're buying residential properties. So for those of us that currently own residentials in our own name (my husband and I have 13 combined), what should we do? Is the best thing is to Quit Claim to our LLC? Should we write a letter to our banks making them aware of this? Call them? Have a letter from an attorney? I think the way the banks find out is when the insurance changes?
Currently, I have an umbrella policy. Would I need to keep it for my primary residence and autos? Would I need an umbrella over the properties in the LLC? Or just keep a ton of debt on the properties and no $$ in the LLC bank account?
Thanks in advance!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
