The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Monk Mode - Getting ahead in 2023

Anything related to matters of the mind

EarlOfChina

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 8, 2017
UK
I came across this video today and found some of the thoughts in it extremely confronting and inspiring.

View: https://youtu.be/6nf-jTq2MHg

I’m going to rewatch it with a notebook and pick out some bits to implement.

I’m already writing this on a black and white screen

Love to know peoples thoughts and what YOUR big takeaways are.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
I came across this video today and found some of the thoughts in it extremely confronting and inspiring.

View: https://youtu.be/6nf-jTq2MHg

I’m going to rewatch it with a notebook and pick out some bits to implement.

I’m already writing this on a black and white screen

Love to know peoples thoughts and what YOUR big takeaways are.
He makes some good points.
Especially the small fixes like black/white screens and adding these extensions like unhook to your pc already make your life a bit better. Not saying that that will change your life though lol.

For Monk mode stuff in general, I have one tip (maybe he mentioned that in the video already, whatever):

Momentum is king.

I mean by that that once you slack on your habits for just one day or one time, you'll usually crash your monk mode journey. So that one time you feel like not meditating, do it anyways!! I learned the hard way.

edit: accidentally posted too early, added stuff

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
I saw this aswell, the issue with me is that i just cant stick with the habits i say i should. i dont know if its related to discipline or not but lets say i want to do x workout everyday to get rid of x problem. i dont do it. i cant follow my routine. im still more productive than 90% of people but still very weak.

i do recommend monk mode though. I've found that it does break your mental health but if you can push through that its worth it. truly.

EarlOfChina

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 8, 2017
UK
I've found that it does break your mental health
See to me...it seems like it would be very *good* for mental health.

What aspects caused you problems with your mental health?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
See to me...it seems like it would be very *good* for mental health.

What aspects caused you problems with your mental health?
It both betters it and breaks it.

For me, it exploded my self confidence/esteem and i no longer felt like i was ruining my life pretty much.

At the same time, it could make you feel really alone if you take it to the extremes. I don't really ever feel alone even tho im an extreme person but i've heard that it damages your social life.

Tomco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 9, 2023
i just cant stick with the habits i say i should
I good tip here to build a daily routine of habits and stuff that you want to do to be productive, is to change your identity. This means that, if you're working out, then you're an athlete. So start thinking like an athlete, and when you come up with excuses in your mind, forcefully place words in your brain. "Ah, I'm tired today" or "It's raining outside, I can't go to the gym" think instead "I'm an athlete, I will do the work necessary, whatever it takes".
I took the example of working out, but really you can apply it to everything. "I don't feel like reading/studying today, I'll watch T.V instead" think instead "I'm an entrepreneur, and I will research this or that".
Hope it helps!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.