The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mobile App stores there days ( year 2017 )

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

Baku85

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 19, 2017
Spain
Hello,

its my first post here :) I read of course Fastlane book. As Im professional developer ( doing backends professionally ) I started thinking about getting in to app business. Ive read also

1. Appreneur: Secrets to Success in the App Store
  2. App Empire: Make Money, Have a Life, and Let Technology Work for You
But well it looks like app market is completely FULL :)
Is it still sense to get into this business ? Anyway I want to try, not costs me much ( only my work ). I wonder what are your experience in this market these days.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Joaki

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Feb 15, 2015
FL
What does it mean that the app market is completely full? Time spent on apps has been increasing tremendously and if this isn't an indicator of opportunity i don't know what is.

Baku85

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 19, 2017
Spain
What does it mean that the app market is completely full? Time spent on apps has been increasing tremendously and if this isn't an indicator of opportunity i don't know what is.
I mean that there are so many apps, each idea has many other clones already. Huge competition, while looking at many apps, there are not even downloaded 100 times..
Of course it can be bad or even NO marketing at all.
Well I hope its still place to make money even if there are TONS of those apps there..

Fredyisgold

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Sep 21, 2016
LA
But well it looks like app market is completely FULL :)
Is it still sense to get into this business ? Anyway I want to try, not costs me much ( only my work ). I wonder what are your experience in this market these days.

Thanks!

Dude... Will the market ever be filled? Of course not. Innovation man. Create a Sub-Niche if someone has already claimed the #1 spot in the "desired" niche you want to pursue.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
What specific app do you want to build?

Baku85

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 19, 2017
Spain
Dude... Will the market ever be filled? Of course not. Innovation man. Create a Sub-Niche if someone has already claimed the #1 spot in the "desired" niche you want to pursue.
I think last days I read too much bunch of slowlane ppl on reddit etc ;) Complaining how they apps are going slow, or not doing profit at all.
Yes anyway I wanted to try I have idea, which Ive started :) Thanks

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
I always hate when I hear people talk about getting into the "apps business." What would you think if you heard someone say "I wanna get into the software business but the software market is full"? What does that even mean?

Apps are nothing but software that run on mobile devices. There is no "app market." An app can provide a way to solve a problem for a market. See the difference?

This language exposes a real problem with your mindset. Find a problem that you can solve for people. Whether an app is the best way to solve that problem depends on the problem.

Fredyisgold

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Sep 21, 2016
LA
I always hate when I hear people talk about getting into the "apps business."

Dude! Typical slowlane mindset. "Lets create an app so we can become trillionaires..." GOD do I cry inside when someone says that.

Baku85

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 19, 2017
Spain
This language exposes a real problem with your mindset. Find a problem that you can solve for people. Whether an app is the best way to solve that problem depends on the problem.
Hmmm indeed ! Question is not to do apps, or saas, or technical other stuff. Question is how to FIX real users problems.
I should focus on helping people, not do apps because Im developer and I like it!
I just reminded that this is in book - huge thanks.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
Hmmm indeed ! Question is not to do apps, or saas, or technical other stuff. Question is how to FIX real users problems.
I should focus on helping people, not do apps because Im developer and I like it!
I just reminded that this is in book - huge thanks.

I totally get trying to find a problem that can be solved with software because that is what you are good at. What I was objecting to is looking at apps as a different animal than just software. What if you find a problem that can be solved with software but it does not lend itself well to an app? what if for that particular problem, users would prefer to use the software on a desktop?

My point is that apps are not this magical thing that will bring success because they are apps.

Baku85

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 19, 2017
Spain
yes I got it, thanks, I completely lost while thinking about those apps ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.