- Joined
- May 9, 2016
- Messages
- 358
Rep Bank
$1,330
$1,330
User Power: 153%
IMO too much value is placed on SEO and generating leads online.
Not that it isnt valuable or advantageous. I am building one and marketing it for my business as well.
But if I relied on that for most of my leads as a start up my business would be dead. Generating a good flow of sales genuinely takes months with that.
You need to constantly be trying new marketing techniques and seeing what works.
My first business card campaign? 200 cards left out around the city. 1 hit after a month.
I switched it up. 30 cards left in very strategic thought out locations where I know potential customers will be.
I've been getting one sale every 1-3 days so far from this alone. Hopfully this continues. My average low end sale is $300. 500 cards for $10 when you buy them on sale. That is a great ROI.
I pick one location each time. It takes me 5 minutes to drop them.
I do not see a website generating a ROI like that early on.
I see the advantages of an online business. But personally I dislike them. I'd rather sell big magnitude products/services in a local market then expand.
ROI is genuinely much quicker.
When you rely on a website for the majority of sales you are limited in expansion by how fast you can get traffic. And tons of people are competing for the top spots.
I'd rather use creative methods for sales supplemented by a website.
Just some of my thoughts
Not that it isnt valuable or advantageous. I am building one and marketing it for my business as well.
But if I relied on that for most of my leads as a start up my business would be dead. Generating a good flow of sales genuinely takes months with that.
You need to constantly be trying new marketing techniques and seeing what works.
My first business card campaign? 200 cards left out around the city. 1 hit after a month.
I switched it up. 30 cards left in very strategic thought out locations where I know potential customers will be.
I've been getting one sale every 1-3 days so far from this alone. Hopfully this continues. My average low end sale is $300. 500 cards for $10 when you buy them on sale. That is a great ROI.
I pick one location each time. It takes me 5 minutes to drop them.
I do not see a website generating a ROI like that early on.
I see the advantages of an online business. But personally I dislike them. I'd rather sell big magnitude products/services in a local market then expand.
ROI is genuinely much quicker.
When you rely on a website for the majority of sales you are limited in expansion by how fast you can get traffic. And tons of people are competing for the top spots.
I'd rather use creative methods for sales supplemented by a website.
Just some of my thoughts
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
