The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Marketing for Production Music?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Ehanson

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 6, 2011
New York, NY
Hi fastlaners.

I know this might seen like an odd question to ask here but is there anyone involved in the music niche here? The reason I ask is because I'm wondering how to market some some music I've created which is cinematic quality in style/ mixes various styles together.

I've put it up on CD Baby, created a blog and YouTube channel but that seems a bit slow lane for what I'd like to ultimately do- sell and license it out for use in productions; either independent or not. Not quite sure how to do that but if anyone has some experience with dealing in the music business I'd appreciate it. I know of a couple people on another fourm who create music for internet marketers to use in their sales videos.

BTW, you can check out the music at my YouTube channel if you're wondering what it sounds like: InHouseStudio's Channel - YouTube

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sooka Nkamun

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 10, 2011
Los Angeles
Hello Ehanson,

music is my niche and with over 20 years experience in the industry I know how to get you to where you need to go with a straight forward online approach. I have a library or music licensing agencies online who are will to place music for you and generate you cash and money in the form of ring tones, film music, compilations, production libraries and more.

With a lot of these companies they do take in consideration image or branding as well as your music. So you should make sure your profile is up to par. Do your best to build credits with those who have used your work on some scale. The reason for this is that the market is competitive, there are a lot of composers and producers worldwide competing for the same spot, however there are tons of opportunities out there and I get new leads everyday. Some projects maybe for free or low cost, but there are projects that I come across in the thousands of dollars. If you really want to get in gear I suggest you seek the assistant of a music consultant . I do my best to provide artist with leads that do not take money upfront. If you do have the money, then sites such as Taxi, maybe be a good way to go. Most licensing companies will just take 50% on the back end of the licensing price.

Do not be swayed with some low cost fees that are paid out. Your music is your music and most licensing in non-exclusive so if you licensed a track for $25, you can license it again and again and again since it is yours. That money adds up in the long run.

I hope this has been helpful for you and I wish you the best of luck!!

Ehanson

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 6, 2011
New York, NY
Thanks for all the info; will look into those sites you mentioned.

There's also site that will distribute your music for you on iTunes but now there's so much music on there it's hard to be heard or even get found.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.