The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Market Research

internet

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 4, 2010
I was wondering how i can do market anaylist? I want to know stuff like how much does baby consignment web sites make or just baby websites in particular make and the growth rate. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to obtain this information.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
I think you are coming at this from the totally wrong direction.

Trying to figure out how much money is in a market is pointless. If it turns out to be $3bil, or $3mil, it won't matter if you can't capture it. What if all $3bil is done at brick and mortar stores?

You need to use something like Market Samurai to find out if there are people clicking on "baby consignment" (456 per day if you are #1 in Google), and how much competition there is (6,100 pages).

Of course, that's great, but no one wants to buy a "baby consignment", so most of those folks are just trying to find info on how to set up a baby consignment store themselves. Some might be looking for a place to sell their old baby clothes thru. But not many are looking to buy baby clothes when they type "baby consignment" into Google.

So, maybe you are better off looking from a buyer's point of view. If you were thinking of buying baby clothing at a consignment store, what would you search for? Used baby clothing? Used baby stuff? Used baby clothes?

You need to check those out.

If the traffic isn't there, it doesn't matter if the baby consignment market is worth $100 gazillion. You are going to get any of it.

But suppose there is a TON of traffic. Does that mean you'll get rich? Not really. If the top 20 sellers all happen to be big chains (I don't even know if these exist in baby consignment), then you'll have a tough time even getting seen.

That means you need to narrow your target to where there is less competition, such as "online baby consignment", "pink clothing at baby consignment", or "baby consignment on the right side of phelps street".

Trust me. It is better to be found first in Google for "pink clothing as baby consignment", where you'll get 20 clicks per day than to be #584,264 in Google for "baby consignment", where no one will see you.

Hope this helps a little.

AJ.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Sep 5, 2010
You need to use something like Market Samurai to find out if there are people clicking on "baby consignment" (456 per day if you are #1 in Google), and how much competition there is (6,100 pages).
Hey!
I'm trying to learn all I can.

Where did you get the 456 per day for the "baby consignment" search?
And the 6,100 pages?

Very curious!
Thanks! :)

-- AJ

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content