The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mark Cuban Billionaire wants to invest in Bitcoin competitor

Anything related to investing, including crypto

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/403916745900978176

I'm placing my bets on Goldcoin; it's young, its faster than both Bitcoin and Litecoin and it has the best name imo.

This sector is going to become ULTRA competitive.

Potentially worth trillions and may well produce the worlds first trillionaire.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
I tend to want to agree with one of the responders to his tweet - find a currency where one user doesn't control a huge amount of it. I'm not sure if one exists yet - aren't all the altcoin competitors based on the same codebase/algorithm?

It seems to be a race to get a coin to take off where you have pre-mined a ton of it like with goldcoin. Do your due diligence when it comes to goldcoin.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I tend to want to agree with one of the responders to his tweet - find a currency where one user doesn't control a huge amount of it. I'm not sure if one exists yet - aren't all the altcoin competitors based on the same codebase/algorithm?

It seems to be a race to get a coin to take off where you have pre-mined a ton of it like with goldcoin. Do your due diligence when it comes to goldcoin.

I agree that people who own huge amounts of a certain coin have a large advantage. Some see this as being a pyramid scheme. However these people are taking risks in getting the coin mainstream.

The solution to your problem of having too many pre mined coins would be to have them issued in a smaller amount per blocksize to start with. However, when a coin is starting it has zero value (goldcoin after a few months is about $0.007 atm). So if you only have a very small number of coins to begin with it is very hard to make enough noise to get the coin "out there".

whiteeclipse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
May 9, 2013
Orlando, FL
Too many companies now in this sector, I feel a bubble is coming. It should really be linked to a stable safe currency like the Canadian dollar or Australian dollar.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nzerinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Litecoin is about to hit $1 billion market cap. Still dwarfed by Bitcoin's $13 billion, but looks like investors are already speaking with their $$

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.