The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Make Six Figures From YouTube/eBooks

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Your priorities are jumbled and it's causing you to have more difficulty than you should. What you need to do is finish your books NOW, like uploaded and to sale, then drop their names in your videos, edit every vid to have a link to it in the description if applicable. THEN focus on channel views by using promotion and PPC. Because you have a product that is far more valuable than the adsense revenue, you might be able to work out a fine tuning where you can make more promoting the channel (and subsequently selling books) than you spend promoting it. For $20 a day in my niche I can get around 2000 views per day on a video, and if your content is solid, these PPC views will in small part become subscribers, when they subscribe, you have to do less work to get more views and cash, etc.

I've got a lot of ideas on free advertising that I'm going to share at the meetup if you're going. If not, PM me and I'll give you some ideas to get you started.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Finally! Someone from Youtube/Twitch that has read the book and implements a Fastlane mentality.

I am a 17 year old from Ireland and have been into online gaming for the last four or five years. I mainly do Minecraft which I have been involved in on and off for the last four years. For the last year I have run a couple of gaming servers for Minecraft with some of them making a couple of thousand euros in short periods of time however recently Mojang the company behind Minecraft introduced a change to it's EULA prohibiting the sale of certain virtual goods on these gaming servers almost completely wiping out my monthly income so I have first hand experience in what MJ is saying about you not being in control.

I recently discovered Twitch after stumbling across an article relating to a popular League Of Legends streamer who sold his headset (Which he uses in his videos) for over 80,000 dollars on ebay. I took up streaming Minecraft instead of running servers and I have had mixed success so far. I started three months ago streaming once or twice a week and just yesterday reached a following of 100. I also post highlights to youtube and have also reached a following on that of 100. I normally get a viewing of 5-15 when I do stream or about 200-300 views on my videos. I would really like to expand my two channels and hope to setup a managable schedule within the next few days for me to follow a game plan so to speak as all my videos/streams have been random up to this point. Just today I finished getting artwork designed by a friend for my channel (If you know anyone else good at this stuff let me know).

The difference between Twitch and Youtube that makes me want to utilize Twitch more so than Youtube is that Twitch is live and you get to interact with people as they become a fan of you. Also with Twitch people tip the entertainer while they are streaming to get messages read out live on air, sometimes advertisements. Once you garner a reasonable following and become a partner five minutes of streaming on Twitch could become more profitable than any of your videos on youtube. Let me know what you think, I'm very open to co-operating with other entertainers of the same mindset and also helping each other out with tips/tricks and technical knowledge of software like OBS for example!

P.S I'm also working on making another Minecraft server that I will play on and possibly charge access to or make it (Twitch Subscriber/Donator) only. I also have a website setup to promote another similar server, 100 registered users since it was created two weeks ago. Once its fully completed I hope to invite my followers from Twitch and Youtube to join me there so that I have total control.

Last edited:

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Your priorities are jumbled and it's causing you to have more difficulty than you should. What you need to do is finish your books NOW, like uploaded and to sale, then drop their names in your videos, edit every vid to have a link to it in the description if applicable. THEN focus on channel views by using promotion and PPC. Because you have a product that is far more valuable than the adsense revenue, you might be able to work out a fine tuning where you can make more promoting the channel (and subsequently selling books) than you spend promoting it. For $20 a day in my niche I can get around 2000 views per day on a video, and if your content is solid, these PPC views will in small part become subscribers, when they subscribe, you have to do less work to get more views and cash, etc.

I've got a lot of ideas on free advertising that I'm going to share at the meetup if you're going. If not, PM me and I'll give you some ideas to get you started.

I think your confusing my post. My eBooks are in no way related to my channel. I do have a guide or two that is related to my channel that I market in all my videos, it sells copies consistently at $4.99. The eBooks are in a different niche, I am using a method that has already been proven to work and taking it to the next level. I plan on next month making 5k from eBooks alone, if all goes according to plan, which it is so far. These are two separate businesses i'm working, and the good thing about both is they have the passive income effect. If a video is up , i'm done with it, just like the eBooks i'm working on. I have 3 eBooks that just finished up being published today that'd iv'e been working on this month, each over 5k words.

I've got access to a YouTube channel in my youtube gaming niche that I'm going to try to do something with this month. Goal is 10k monthly income online by April, i'm thinking I can hit it in March.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Finally! Someone from Youtube/Twitch that has read the book and implements a Fastlane mentality.
The difference between Twitch and Youtube that makes me want to utilize Twitch more so than Youtube is that Twitch is live and you get to interact with people as they become a fan of you. Also with Twitch people tip the entertainer while they are streaming to get messages read out live on air, sometimes advertisements. Once you garner a reasonable following and become a partner five minutes of streaming on Twitch could become more profitable than any of your videos on youtube. Let me know what you think, I'm very open to co-operating with other entertainers of the same mindset and also helping each other out with tips/tricks and technical knowledge of software like OBS for example!

I'd have to disagree with you here. Sure you can earn a lot of money with Twitch, however, YouTube is much more passive. You have to be active on twitch to be getting paid, which in my opinion is bad. I do have a following on twitch of over 300 people, but i've only streamed a few times. The reason I got that many is lots hopped over from YouTube. I am interested in it but just not at this time anymore. The biggest people on YouTube make more money then the biggest people on Twitch...much more.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
@ChasingPaper Do you think it's wise to pursue a course that limits vertical integration? Why try and spin two balls when you can roll two snowballs together into a big one? Granted, your YT niche/channel doesn't readily lend itself to e-books, but what about T-shirts or something. I mean, publish what you've got now, especially if it's doing well, but I'd keep your eyes open for something like this.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
This month Iv'e found out a new method on editing my videos. Videos that have been edited in this technique so far have remained getting consistent viewers as people are more likely to share these videos. Pretty sweet.

eBooks. I'm working extremely hard at this right now. I've got 7 books published/publishing since this month has began. I'm excited to see where I can get this. My daily goal is to be making minimum wage (roughly $55-65 daily) at the end of this month. That'd be sick and I could keep scaling it from there.

d.weglarz13

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 2, 2014
I get so pumped up reading this thread every time you update it. Thanks for sharing, i hope to be where you are in the near future. Keep up the great work man, and keep hitting those goals.
dave

jcpoolgod

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Feb 10, 2013
This month Iv'e found out a new method on editing my videos. Videos that have been edited in this technique so far have remained getting consistent viewers as people are more likely to share these videos. Pretty sweet.

eBooks. I'm working extremely hard at this right now. I've got 7 books published/publishing since this month has began. I'm excited to see where I can get this. My daily goal is to be making minimum wage (roughly $55-65 daily) at the end of this month. That'd be sick and I could keep scaling it from there.

I just wrote a bunch and I don't think it went through. I have a similar goal with YouTube. I have zero videos now.but I do have an excellent plan that will work. My goal is a million hits a month over a lot of videos.

But I have a question . When you signed up for your YouTube partnership. Did you do it as an individual or as a corporation? What should I do? I enjoy this thread and paper chaser you are one ambitious dude

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I was just searching for free books on Amazon and saw this book which is free as of the time I'm posting this. I haven't read it but judging from the reviews it should be a decent book. I thought you guys might be interested.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N6TZ19M/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

01d6ccb71f4a31a2bca87f95479643e6.jpg

Solrac

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 6, 2014
Florida
I'm starting up a channel for gaming. Send me a PM.
I used to do this a lot and had a somewhat nice base viewer count. Around the 50k mark. Then I stopped. Now I have a lot more free time after I'm done with business and school work. Going to get back into this.

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
curious what your ad revenue is for those numbers?

I have very similar numbers on YT. I'm interested to compare ad revenue with the poster to see if it's consistant or different per channel niche.

Niche - tutorials
68 thousand subscribers
3.27 million views
9.47 million minutes watched
Timeframe - (Feb 24, 2013 – Jul 5, 2015)

Generating (ad revenue on the channel only) $6817 USD

TenMillion

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Sep 20, 2015
I started a youtube channel 2 months ago...

3500 Subs and 100k views.

We earned 6.50$ in ad revenue since monetizing 3 days ago. 42 videos so far.

Now we have earned 300$ in ad revenue so far.

Got our first google adsense payment of 170$ in to the corporate account.. It is a start.

We sold a lot of books through our Youtube hyperlinks in that time though... around 2000$

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Very cool man, keep at it.

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
I started a youtube channel 2 months ago...

3500 Subs and 100k views.

We earned 6.50$ in ad revenue since monetizing 3 days ago. 42 videos so far.

Any tips for promoting your channel? Or is it all organic growth from just posting to YouTube?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.