The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking forward to learning from this community

JJ24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jul 30, 2022
Hello Fastlaners.

I read The Millionaire Fastlane and I'm excited to join this community.

I am creating a product in the entertainment space that I think millions of people will enjoy. I would like to turn this into a series of products similar to how the Marvel.com brand can create a line of comic books, movies, tv shows, and games. Maybe one day this can reach hundreds of millions but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

The feedback on my idea has been very positive.

Today I am creating a 1/5/10 strategy from this video on the millionaire Fastlane YouTube channel:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKt59HIl8Ok

Sometimes I struggle to keep focus and organize my time. It is very easy to get distracted by all the different things on the internet. This is why I think the 1/5/10 strategy will help give me a better direction.

In my personal life I enjoy going to the beach, scuba diving, and staying healthy and active. Passions of mine include making videos, reading, learning about storytelling, and everything about marketing.

I look forward to learning from the posts on this forum.

JJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard my friend, thanks for the intro.

This is why I think the 1/5/10 strategy will help give me a better direction.

Download the planner if you haven't already, also the online goal-setting and productivity service of 1/5/10 should be going live over at GoalSumo.com in a few weeks or so. We should be opening to a limited group of beta users here soon.

The feedback on my idea has been very positive.

From who? Coworkers? Family? Unbiased users?

JJ24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jul 30, 2022
Welcome aboard my friend, thanks for the intro.

Download the planner if you haven't already, also the online goal-setting and productivity service of 1/5/10 should be going live over at GoalSumo.com in a few weeks or so. We should be opening to a limited group of beta users here soon.

From who? Coworkers? Family? Unbiased users?
Thank you so much for the worksheet and I just registered for the GoalSumo.com website.

Feedback came from the audience in my niche, a handful of influencers, and I crowdsourced a some money from 60 people.

The audience will be the consumers. But the distributors will be my customers. I just started walking down that path.

One small online streaming platform said I can produce a pilot on their platform and that I will maintain all rights for my work.

I do not expect to make money directly from this. But it looks like a good way to get something out there as a first-step.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
But the distributors will be my customers.

That's awesome if you have an "in" there. These people are the gatekeepers to bigger things, like having a literary agent shopping your manuscript to a big publishing house.

JJ24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jul 30, 2022
That's awesome if you have an "in" there. These people are the gatekeepers to bigger things, like having a literary agent shopping your manuscript to a big publishing house.
I'm very happy to have made this connection. Right now it is just a small streaming platform - but regardless I am going to focus my attention on delivering the best pilot I can and then see where things go from there. She gave me a soft deadline of November 1st.

JJ24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jul 30, 2022
I see people make progress posts on this forum so I want to do the same.

I completed the 1/5/10 exercise on a piece of paper and my 10 year goal seems like a very big stretch. Even when I compare it to the results people achieved on this forum. I will keep that private for now so I don't bring any extra doubt into my dreams.

My 5 year goal will be to own 1 home and 1 condo in 2 different locations paid for in full. There will be a professional office in each. I set health, net worth, relationship and other personal goals.

My 1 year goal is to complete the first project and sell it so I can reach my first revenue goal. I would like to have mentors and networks of people who are in the wealth range I am aiming for in my 5/10 year plan.

I wrote down all of the details on a piece of paper like the 1/5/10 video says.

Today - I used the planner for my 1 year plan and it finally gave me focus to do work on the most important task of the day first before anything else. I did not get to anything else but I have the first 30 seconds of the opening scene assembled in my editing software. I wanted to sleep but I stayed up later to replace the final 2 video clips that did not fit.

That focus I was looking for came from that planner.

I also spoke with a fiction author who surprisingly wrote a book that is similar to my genre and said she would like to turn it into a movie one day. I bought a copy of her book on Kindle to see if I like it.

My next daily goal will have the next 30 seconds assembled in my video editing software.

JJ

JJ24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jul 30, 2022
I will provide my update after using the planner on this forum for 1 week.
  1. Thursday + Friday: 2/3s of the opening scene edited. Behind schedule.
  2. Friday Night: 72 minutes filmed with main character. Maybe 1 minute of final footage.
  3. Saturday: I met with a new group of people in my niche who fit early on in the storyline, drop off, and come back for something big later on. I will nurture that relationship until the time is right.
  4. Sunday: Complete waste of a day. I have that entrepreneur bug that pushes me to work but I didn't act on it so I feel bad about that.
  5. One of the scenes involves younger children. Both parents are on board. I will get talent release forms for minors where both parents sign off on it. The film date for that is September 9th. I also scheduled in a different filming date on August 28th.
  6. Somebody who runs a charity from my niche needs help editing a short video. They don't have a large budget but I believe in their cause and offered to help.
I referenced Marvel as the business I want to model. My genre is different and I can produce this first project lower-budget.

I will work on my second week's plan in my next message.

JJ24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jul 30, 2022
There are a million ideas I want to act on.

The fastlane planner helps me focus on the 1 most important goal for the year.

I need to raise money for the next phase of production.

I am torn between asking for 25% of this funding so I can get to the next stage vs. asking for the full budget amount.

25% is more reasonable. I can show more momentum to future funders and reduce their risk.

100% allows me to dedicate less time to fundraising and more time to work on the actual project.

The friends and family crowdsourcing round helped a lot but that money is well spent and in the past.

Fastlane planner yearly goal

$4.8 million in revenue. Project sold and released. This will help me move towards my 5 and 10 year goal financially. And it will also help get my name on the radar of people I want to be known by.

There are 5 potential funders in my pipeline. 2 of those probably won't come on board until later in production. But I will approach them anyway to stay on their radar.

Fastlane planner monthly goal

I need to finish my demo reel and 1-pager for the potential funders.
  • Read 2 books + 1 audiobook
  • Be good at color grading in Davinci resolve
Weekly goal

Edit storyboard and script for introduction sequence and begin filming that section.
  • Meet with founder of the streaming platform and receive feedback on my current work
  • Go to investor networking event in the city Tuesday night

JJ24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jul 30, 2022
  1. The founder of the streaming platform had some issues with the direction I was going and guided me in the right direction to make sure one sequence of the story aligns with what she wants to publish on her platform.
  2. I spoke with the person from the charity to edit their video. She is grateful for the help but can't pay. After our call, she sent over a video and I discovered that she is friends with a well-known producer that worked on a similar project as mine. The charity is also connected to 2 Hollywood celebrities.
  3. I showed my face at the investor networking event. I don't see this leading to funding but they offered to connect me with somebody who can help with my project in other ways.

JJ24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jul 30, 2022
September 5th, 2022 Updates
  1. I went to a friend's family BBQ near the beach and began talking about my production with the people there. One of the men interested in my project said he knows a movie producer that might be able to help. He took my email and 5 days later I was on a call with the producer.
  2. He told me that it could benefit me to work on my pitch, approach a producer who already has connections with distributors, and bring them on board. If I sell my idea to a company like Netflix before I film it - this may make it easier to sell than bringing them something that is already done. I refined Act 3 of my script after some detailed feedback.
  3. 5 filming days since my last post. I am much closer to a proper demo to show people. I feel behind schedule from my August goal.
  4. Unrelated work is filling up some of my schedule this month.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...