The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for a Mentor in Melbourne

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Benjamin Nelson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 24, 2016
Hello,

I am just starting out on my entrepreneurial journey and I would love to meet with somebody in Melbourne Australia who has experience running a business and is happy to have a chat (potentially on an ongoing basis) about their entrepreneurial journey and business in general.

A little bit about myself

I'm 30 and recently graduated law school in Melbourne. I got a plumb job in the profession and thought I had my life and career all planned out. The plan was to get admitted this year, work for a year as a judge's associate and then go to the Bar and be a barrister. This was all until I actually commenced the abject servitude that is full-time work. A few months into the job I realised that the judges and barristers I work with, people at the peak of the legal profession and whom I once aspired to become, hated their jobs, their colleagues and the fact they need to clock on, grind it out and do it all again tomorrow. Everyone I have met this year would rather be elsewhere doing things that matter more to them.

I came accross MJ's book and my whole paradigm shifted. Aside from being a very interesting read, the book validated the conclusions I had drawn in my first six months of full-time work. These last six months, I have worked hard to find a tenable business idea and pivot away from full-time work. I recently resigned from my current position and will finish up here in the first week of January 2017. I'll be freelancing part-time and focusing exclusively on growing and promoting my website and business.

If anybody in Melbourne is interested in meeting up, please get in touch!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gareth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Nov 25, 2016
I'm not a mentor but a guy in the trenches. Happy to catch up.

I have an office on Collins Street.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.