What's new

Long time lurker checking in

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

LondonGent

New Contributor
Joined
Jan 29, 2018
Messages
3
Location
London
Rep Bank
$75
User Power: 167%
I've been lurking here for a while, and have read both the Fastline and Unscripted books over the past few years.

I work full time as a software contractor for an investment bank in London. It is good money, but I want more money, freedom and control. This is why I have decided to go fastlane.

I have decided to leverage my existing knowledge to make a more scalable income by producing and selling online courses to teach software development.

This isn unlikely to make me millions, but I hope it will get my a few things:

  • Overcoming my procrastination. This is hard. I've been working on blogging / course creation for about a year now, and still am only 90% done on my first course. If I was putting a good amount of time in (my aim is 14 hours a week), and had got my business priorities straight (got sidetracked by false goals), I think it would have been done in around 6 months.
  • Generating capital for possible future projects
  • Getting used to selling and promoting online
  • Showing myself it really is possible to make cash via a business, instead of just a day job.
The 1 killer for me really is laziness. If it wasn't for this I know I'll make it one day, if not with this venture, with another. I feel like I'm just to comfortable on my current income to drive myself. Despite that I keep trying each and every week.

Think I'm going to start an execution / progress thread to keep me accountable.

Thanks.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ximduni. Hmef zua deni op gsun vji tjefuxt.

Hiv e jumf ug @NK FiNesdu epf djephi zuas tdsiip peni tu ov otp'v zuas siem peni.
 
Vjeplt. Puv tasi jux vu tipf jon e nittehi up jisi, vjisi tiint pu xez vu fu vjev?

Ati gusan't "dupvedv at" cavvup vu tacnov e siraitv! Ximduni vu vji cuesf!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom