squall74
New Contributor
Hello
I used to lurk a lot since way back when I first got into learning about real estate investing. My first foray into investing was through Rich Dad, Poor Dad. As much as the book is chastised I felt it was a great starting point to expand my mind. It has led me to the library countless times to get some free education on investing in general and real estate to be specific. Just before the Fastlane book was coming out I went off to school to get a better job. Saw that it came out and read it in like 2 days. Anyway I am back to absorb more information and ready myself to be an investor.
My plans are to use the new job I am applying for as a tool to work myself into the fastlane. There was a chapter that said if your slowlane plans are used to make fastlane a reality it's a great tool. I'm currently thinking paying off some bad debt (courtesy of poor planning, and "glazed eyes" new opportunity syndrome) and am looking to enter RE through multifamily units. I plan to create a rental income that can quickly cover my income at my future job. CRE is an endgame option I'd like to pursue.
The reason for wanting all this is to be able to have time and money to take care of my family. The fancy toys are a great motivator but the number one reason why I'm doing all this is so I don't have to rely on my paycheck to sustain myself.
Currently I live near Seattle so if anyone is looking to network and share knowledge feel free to PM me.
I used to lurk a lot since way back when I first got into learning about real estate investing. My first foray into investing was through Rich Dad, Poor Dad. As much as the book is chastised I felt it was a great starting point to expand my mind. It has led me to the library countless times to get some free education on investing in general and real estate to be specific. Just before the Fastlane book was coming out I went off to school to get a better job. Saw that it came out and read it in like 2 days. Anyway I am back to absorb more information and ready myself to be an investor.
My plans are to use the new job I am applying for as a tool to work myself into the fastlane. There was a chapter that said if your slowlane plans are used to make fastlane a reality it's a great tool. I'm currently thinking paying off some bad debt (courtesy of poor planning, and "glazed eyes" new opportunity syndrome) and am looking to enter RE through multifamily units. I plan to create a rental income that can quickly cover my income at my future job. CRE is an endgame option I'd like to pursue.
The reason for wanting all this is to be able to have time and money to take care of my family. The fancy toys are a great motivator but the number one reason why I'm doing all this is so I don't have to rely on my paycheck to sustain myself.
Currently I live near Seattle so if anyone is looking to network and share knowledge feel free to PM me.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
