The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

LLC easy or hard way

W4RHRSE

High Speed, Low Drag
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 10, 2016
Central Virginia
There are a number of ways to start an LLC and there are websites allowing you to start one for dirt cheap. However, sit with a lawye and they will say you need their services and the websites do not cover all the ins and outs of competely setting up an LLC. However, I have to think they are biased.

Can you set up an effective LLC to safeguard you and your wealth online or is it better to pay more and get a lawyer to do it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ron Dee

Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Dec 22, 2014
Minnesota
I talked to several lawyers over the phone before I incorporated. Typically they offer a free consultation and will answer many of the general questions you have. When I first incorporated my business I met up with an attorney and discussed several topics. He understood I was bootstrapping a business and didn't have a large budget. He said that there were things I could do myself and save some money. No one here can give you legal advice. The way I looked at it was if I am going to build a business worth hundreds of thousands of dollars whats a few thousand starting it on a solid foundation.

Justin Gesso

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jun 4, 2014
Colorado
It depends on two things:
  1. Do you know an LLC will protect your interests in the situation you're heading into? If not, good to research and probably talk to an attorney.
  2. The state in which you'll setup your LLC. Each state is different. I'm in Colorado and it's super easy and cheap to setup and maintain an LLC. In fact, it's probably more work to have someone else do it for me.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Can you set up an effective LLC to safeguard you and your wealth online or is it better to pay more and get a lawyer to do it?

If you have enough money to be worried about protecting your wealth, what do you think the right answer is?

Pinging @GlobalWealth

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
If you are serious about your business it should be done right the first time to eliminate future issues.

Do you know which state is the best for your situation? Do you need and LLC in your home state?

Are you concerned about privacy? Are you concerned about ongoing fees?

Do you know how to draft a proper operating agreement? Should your LLC be member managed or manager managed?

If you are serious about your business and don't know the answers to this, this is not DIY.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

W4RHRSE

High Speed, Low Drag
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 10, 2016
Central Virginia
The way I looked at it was if I am going to build a business worth hundreds of thousands of dollars whats a few thousand starting it on a solid foundation.

Thank you much for your input! Obviously, I do not want to build my foundation on sand, but I had to wonder if there was a differance.

W4RHRSE

High Speed, Low Drag
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 10, 2016
Central Virginia
If you are serious about your business it should be done right the first time to eliminate future issues.

Do you know which state is the best for your situation? Do you need and LLC in your home state?

Are you concerned about privacy? Are you concerned about ongoing fees?

Do you know how to draft a proper operating agreement? Should your LLC be member managed or manager managed?

If you are serious about your business and don't know the answers to this, this is not DIY.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

Thank you Global Wealth! I appreciate your honesty and rapid response!

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
When I setup my LLC, I first contacted a local professional. Their advice was to simply use the state's website since everything is so simple here. Indeed it was incredibly easy. The state gov website has a simple "walk thru" site for setting up an LLC. I researched/googled the meaning of the various picks and the effect on ownership/management. It only took about 10 minutes to setup the LLC on the website but I spent several hours looking up the info to make more informed decisions. The fee was around $80 and paid online via CC.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.